1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

HP Reunion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Kinda surprised this didn’t have a thread already.

I don’t think there was much new in here, but was still fun to watch.

Most interesting aspects were JK not being in live.

Aside from that it was fun just to see the actors chat.

2. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Not surprising though, not like most of the younger cast are all that eager to associate with her after she went mask off on the transphobia front.

3. Erotic Adventures of S

It was odd for them to use the old clips then. I would assume you either don’t have her at all, or you do. Using old clips doesn’t make it better.

4. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Not gonna lie, watching this felt like seeing the trio come back together after beating voldemort.

Harry and Hermoine went on to do significant stuff, and Ron was just...there.

Seriously has Rupert Grint ever done anything noteworthy after the series ended? His slightly unshaven look just made him seem like a bun tbh.

5. Cuirassier

Cuirassier Banned

Had a few roles. I remember he co-produced a show based on the movie Snatch.

6. Erotic Adventures of S

I thought Draco looked old..... he is 3 years older than the rest I believe, but I would believe 15.

7. kira and light

kira and light Seventh Year

Rowling was actually invited but she declined also lol for the younger cast not wanting to associate with her.

They seem more than fine to cash in on the franchise she created, the franchise that gave them a career, if they don't want to associate with the driving force behind the franchise maybe they should fuck off instead of her, ungrateful brats.

8. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I see people on Reddit losing their minds over this and I just don't get it. I suppose I have always had a strong sense of separating the work from the author (or in this case, actors) and it is the work I care about. I am interested in Harry Potter, not Daniel Radcliffe.

My lack of interest is only magnified by my lukewarm view of the movies. They're nice to put you in an HP mood but I'll never view them as more than particularly elaborate fan art. My emotional connection is with the books.

9. Erotic Adventures of S

I enjoyed the younger cast discussing getting to work with the old experienced ones. A nice perspective I hadn’t really heard from them before.

10. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Did you just take a hypothetical situation and get angry about it to the point of pretentious insults?

11. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

I only watched a few clips of it. My only takeaway is that Rupert looks rough. Part of it was the bad lighting. That didn't do any of them any favors. But seriously, I haven't seen him in a few years, and he looks like they dragged him straight out of the bar after a week-long bender, cleaned up the puke, and just ran a a few fingers through that greasy hair. I could almost smell him through the computer. Poor guy needs a stylist and someone to force him to bathe. Hopefully he's not battling addiction.

12. kira and light

kira and light Seventh Year

Well from what some of them say it does not seem that far off and I did not speak about the whole cast. It is also pretty clear why Rowling did not want to join when some of the people literally stabbed her in the back. It is completely fine to disagree with her points and do so publicly but not in the manner some of the cast did.

The actress of Cho Chang basically called her a racist and homophobe for the name Cho and the Dumbledore stuff which is just braindead.

Also, I am not a native speaker but how the fuck can even one thing I wrote sound the least bit pretentious?

13. Erotic Adventures of S

Huh I hadn’t read about cast calling her out.

Emma made a statement on how she is proud of all the female actors who went on to be great activists. I wonder if that was a nod towards that?

14. JoJo23

JoJo23 Unspeakable

The HP movies were mostly bad. The nostalgia for them is one of the more confusing parts of the HP fandom.

15. Cuirassier

Cuirassier Banned

HP movies are some of the best adaptations in all fantasy.

16. Demonbuttersage

Demonbuttersage First Year

I thought you were exaggerating but no, Rupert looks straight scuffed, how the hell did anyone let him go on camera looking like that. Also found it funny how they tried the balancing act of including footage of Rowling while also keeping her at arms length, I'm still unsure what exactly she did to deserve such distancing, besides the dumb retcons she posts on Twitter.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  17. MuggsieToll

MuggsieToll Seventh Year

I firmly believe 'wizards shit their pants and vanish it instead of using toilets' to be one of the greatest world building efforts in the history of literature.

18. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Yeah I didn't even see all of them, but the first five at least were all massive disappointments.

Good child actors do truly exist. The movies did not have any.

Changes made were not always good choices, like giving some of Ron's best moments to Hermione.

They were fun to watch I guess, the first time, but imo were just not good movies that did not give homage to the books. /shrug

19. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Y'all shut your mouths PoA was an amazing movie.

20. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I liked all of the first three quite a bit. Goblet of fire was a huge disappoinent. 5 and 6 we're meh at best. DH was fine