1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

I am not paranoid! by Pemmil - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by ROTH963, Mar 23, 2023.

1. ROTH963

ROTH963 First Year

Title: I am not paranoid! (Conspiracy theorist in Hogwarts)
    Author: Pemmil
    Rating: T
    Genre: comedy/Fantasy
    DLP Category: general fic
    Pairing: None
    Summary: "So, I don't know if it sounds a little far-fetched or not, but in my opinion other founders knew that Salazar Slytherin created a chamber of secrets under the school and was breeding dangerous monsters there. Most likely Hogwarts founders wanted to use these monsters as shock troops in the war against muggles and needed plausible deniability to... why are you looking at me like that?"- Michael Brown, normal Hogwarts student.
    Link: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/i-am-not-paranoid-conspiracy-theorist-in-hogwarts.1071437/

An enlightened truth seeker goes on a thrilling adventure to fight back against the oppression of the ministry and the mega advanced muggle government all the while imprisoned by the evil dark lord Dumbledore in his giant magic eating castle monster.

More seriously though, a very funny story, there isn't much more to stay, it is competently written, the jokes do not overstay their welcome and it is all around pretty good in my opinion, definitely recommend for a light read.

2. Cirvante

Cirvante First Year

Shouldn't this be posted to the Review Board first?

3. ROTH963

ROTH963 First Year

Didn't know I need to do it, first time making something like it, trying to move it now

4. Cirvante

Cirvante First Year

I made the same mistake just recently. You could ask one of the mods to please move it over to the Review Board.

5. ROTH963

ROTH963 First Year

Asked in support already.

6. Cirvante

Cirvante First Year

Okay, so I've tried giving this one a chance, but I eventually grew tired of it.

The premise is basically an isekai protagonist who meets Truck-kun, is reborn in the HP universe and develops paranoid schizophrenia. He can't decide whether it's reincarnation, a simulation or a brainwashing project by the government and assumes all three. He thinks his parents are government agents who have implanted him with computer chips and tracking devices. His knee-jerk reaction to everything is to assume some crazy conspiracy theory as the most probable explanation.

This turns the story into a crackfic with a rather unrelatable and one-dimensional protagonist. The premise, while occasionally amusing, simply can't carry the story by itself. And the author apparently didn't do his homework, as he thinks that public libraries in the eighties had internet access with conspiracy websites and that Dragonball Z was running on the telly. Maybe in Japan, but certainly not in Britain.

I can't give this more than a 2/5.

7. haphnepls

haphnepls Seventh Year

The combination of mugglessness in this fic in combination with it feeling none like HP made me drop it very early with not many complimentary thoughts. I'm sure it is someone's cup of tea but if I'm in a mood to read HP this is about the last thing I'd choose.

Also, I get this author is trying to be smart vibe I never liked in SI's/isekai/whatever-this-is stories.

Too biased to vote :(