1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

I propose a conundrum to you, a riddle if you will.

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Kamille Bidan, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Kamille Bidan

Kamille Bidan Squib

If you get the referance, you get an internet cookie.

I find that there is a disturbing LACK of fanfiction out there to some... decent games like Rogue Galaxy that isn't just Slash Pr0n.

Sometimes the smallest of changes can have the biggest of influences. Persona 3 Fairly English Story is proof of this. All SamJaz really did was make Minato of half-British descent. It just spiralled out of control in the most glorious of ways.

I propose this Conundrum to you:

The Butterfly effect.

(Genre can be anything other than Parody) The Pairing... Make it Jaster/Lilika. The difference? What would happen if Jaster knew a little bit more about the Bounty Hunting Trade? Like, say, enough to be somewhat well known, despite being limited to just his home world of Rosa. See where you can take that. You can stick to Canon, or you can have it spiral.

If anyone knows about what I speak, I beseech you to write. It's cruel that you can only find so little on this game. It deserves a lot better.

2. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I bought Rogue Galaxy when my ps2 was on it's final days and wouldn't run half the games I tried.

Other than that, all but the most famous games will never have a good fanfiction base. Mostly because people only want to rewrite the stories with the pairings they usually like, and any serious writter wouldn't be wasting time on those fandoms when they have these universes where the author left so much open to imagination(Hp, Dresden, comic books are a good example).

Nevertheless, if you want those stories done so much you can alwaystry to write them yourself.

3. Kamille Bidan

Kamille Bidan Squib

As much as I wish I could, I can't. I could honestly care less about the pairing, but I just wanted to throw that in for the hell of it. I'm impatient. Too impatient, actually. I suck at sitting down and working on a long term project like a fanfiction. Hell, I've only ever written a single one-shot, and that was for an RP I was involved with. I don't think I could ever muster the patience to do that again.