1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Idea for Social Experiment.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dnar Semaj, Nov 15, 2011.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Dnar Semaj

Dnar Semaj Seventh Year

Write a generic one-shot. Make the summary normal. Wait a month. Record how many hits.

Change the summary to suggest slash. Wait a month. Record how many hits.

The point of this is to measure how much fangirls outnumber us.

All this will, of course, be done via a sock puppet FFN.net account - because no way in hell is anyone in DLP forums will tolerate any allusion to badly written slash.

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Stop being retarded. Why would you even want to know this? We're all just readers of fanfics, nothing more to it. This thread is just a way to pander to the DLP crowd by a new member, who drastically overestimates the level of damn-giving the forum has about slash.

3. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    We don't support such blatant homophobia around here, you faggot. Straighten yourself out and learn to love the cock like a real man.

4. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

'The fuck is this shit?

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

...So. I found the perfect way to show what you've done, Dnar.

[​IMG]

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A cow kick to the face implies that his stupidity is not his own fault.

This is a more accurate portrayal:

[​IMG]

7. Dnar Semaj

Dnar Semaj Seventh Year

Stupid idea was stupid.

I agree about it being stupid. I was tired as fuck from wrestling conditioning and it seemed hilarious when I thought it up. Looking back on it, it seems fucking retarded.

As for the pandering to DLP opinions... well yeah. I like DLP. I want to fit in. Don't tell me you've never made a bad joke or insensitive remark trying to fit in. That's what this is. A idea that sounds awesome when you think of it, but when you say it, all you get is awkward/angry stares.

As for DLP not giving a shit about slash, other threads suggest otherwise.

I'll let you in on a secret - all men love cock. Most only love their own.

If you can't be arsed to explain your opinion, then I can't be arsed to give a good response. You seem to be a big fan of vaguely insulting something, and then not explaining yourself. To be fair, you did explain yourself in that thread - but only after I got 18 thumbs up telling you off.

And for KHAAAAAAAAN!! and Space Ghost making fun of me... yeah. It was a stupid post. Right now, all I want to do it take all the Dumbass/ Darwin Award jokes like a man, and then forget I ever made this thread. Feel free to make fun.

I make a motion to move this to Hall of Shame so future members will known not to do this.

I guess that whole thing about holding angry letters for a day to see if you feel different also holds true for fucktarded ideas you get after looking at memebase and 9gag for a hour then posting at DLP.

tl:dr : Stupid idea was stupid and I should feel bad.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Apologizing to people on the internet for being an asshat on the internet is full of win. :awesome

9. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Does my post really need an explanation? You yourself just admitted that your original post/suggestion was stupid.

Are you really, really that petty to hold onto a post, one post, that was made weeks ago? And since then, I may have replied (and agreed with, surprisingly) to...one? Maybe two of your other posts, in other topics? That shows the amount of interaction that we've personally had, on an internet forum. Not even directly, via chat or private message.

And who gives a flaming fuck on how many 'thumbs up' you get for a post?

Is your self-esteem really that low?

Still pandering.

We may have gotten off on the wrong foot, mostly my fault for the derision I put into that post regarding Naruto, but to be honest?

You act like a complete and utter fucking prick.
    Noun

prick (plural pricks)

1. A small hole or perforation, caused by piercing. [from 10th c.]
    2. An indentation or small mark made with a pointed object. [from 10th c.]
    3. (obsolete) A dot or other diacritical mark used in writing; a point. [10th-18th c.]
    4. (obsolete) A tiny particle; a small amount of something; a jot. [10th-18th c.]
    5. A small pointed object. [from 10th c.]
    6. The experience or feeling of being pierced or punctured by a small, sharp object. [from 13th c.] I felt a sharp prick as the nurse took a sample of blood.
    7. (slang, vulgar) The penis. [from 16th c.]
    8. (slang, pejorative) Someone (especially a man or boy) who is unpleasant, rude or annoying. [from 16th c.]
    9. (now historical) A small roll of yarn or tobacco. [from 17th c.]
    Plain and simple.

Need any more explanations?

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I learned something new today. Hooray internet.

11. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

I didn't know that, either. Nor about the particle thing.

12. Dnar Semaj

Dnar Semaj Seventh Year

I feel that you only agreed because you would look bad when you unreasonably attacked my opinion. My self-esteem isn't low - I was trying to point out that you looked bad, so you apologized, and all was forgotten. Then: Lo and behold I come across your 5 word post insulting me again.

Yes, I acted like a prick because I'm not nice to people who my only interaction with has been that person insulting me. I already said my idea was stupid. That doesn't change the fact that you did not elaborate over what you thought was stupid.

I don't feel like getting in a giant pissing fight neither of us would win, so we have to just agree to disagree. You said you're sorry over insulting me. I would like to say that I'm sorry for being a prick.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  13. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Dear God,

[​IMG]

14. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I feel that if I post here, I will also be a new member pandering to DLP by bashing a new(er) member.

Fuck it, I'll go for it.

What are you, retarded or something?

15. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Alright, I think he got the point. Stupid idea, but everyone has them.

Dnar Semaj, you are in a hole. Stop digging it deeper. >_> DLP is pretty rude, need some thick skin. Probably would have gone better if you had limited your post to this.
    People get insulted on DLP, especially after saying something dumb. It's no big deal, it happens to everyone. It's not personal unless you make it personal.

16. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I've just gotta throw it out there, this is nothing compared to what used to happen. A word of advise, just don't post in the thread again Dnar. The sooner it goes away the sooner people will forget/not care anymore. Then you just need to wait for assholes like me to stop posting in it.

17. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Hey, let's all not post in this thread again ever!

But well done, Dnar, for digging up threads that are either 5 years old (which is a lot on a forum that is just about 5 years old), have nothing to do with the topic or actually show that most of us are indifferent to the slash itself.

Backpeddaling is ok, but digging yourself deeper with personal attacks is counterproductive.

Oh, and for the love of cock, don't try to make the number of thumbs up a post gets the new e-peen.

Oh, and Hall of Shame? Don't overestimate yourself.

Not open for further replies.