1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Imperium Rising by SotF - Star Wars - K+

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Lutris, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Title: Imperium Rising
    Author: SotF
    Rating: K+
    Summary: When Harry is betrayed and sent to Azkaban, someone from another universe senses him and prepares him to do something completely unexpected. Is the Wizarding World prepared for a Dark Lord of the Sith? Being Reworked
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2407904/1/

The summary doesn't do it justice. The most original Star Wars crossover I've seen. The jump in power is a bit much, but the rest of it makes it enjoyable. A bit meh... writing sometimes, but it's original, so I give it that much leeway.

The training is non-existent; not just virtually, but it just is. I think it's a bit rushed because of that, but meh. It apparently is under reconstruction, and there are only 4 chapters to work on at the moment.

Hope you guys like it; I did.

Edit: 8 chapters

2. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Well, that definitely is rushed and very sterile for that matters. And how stormtroopers and at-sts are popping up out of the groun is a bit weird. But I found the image of armored dudes in white pointing blasters at Dumbledore pretty funny.

edit: I guess I should add something positive. I'm a bit of a SW fan, but only really of the movies, so I still liked it somewhat. The shortness also made it a very easy and quick read.

3. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

This wasn't the best SW crossover I've read, but this was the first that I read that had harry using the darkside.

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

bit rushed but i liked it.. could have done without the Revan-ish armor though...

5. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

point... if someone rewrites this, and makes it longer...

Oh, think of the possibilities.

6. Lost_soul

Lost_soul Guest

intresting

Good story. it moved a bit to fast for my tast but still a good ide

7. ShadowedDarkness

ShadowedDarkness Second Year

I enjoyed this, might be a bit fast on getting power, and a few how did he do that moments. Pity it seems to be abandoned.

8. Demon God of Chaos

Demon God of Chaos Seventh Year

it isn't very bad...

9. Seraphym

Seraphym First Year

I wrote the original Author for permission to continue and revamp the fic, but haven't heard anything from them and its been about a week. I'm going to go ahead and do a revamp, but its going to be very very different. I'm working on the the intro chapter as of now, so I'll post when I get it put up.

10. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

that's good. have you ever read harry potter and the attack of the clones. that is the only story so far that is actually good as a star wars crossover.

11. Seraphym

Seraphym First Year

I did, and I enjoyed it, though I thought the bit with Revan being the Father of the Exile and such was a bit confusing. Very similar to the Jedi-Wizard story I read too, though I felt that Harry was a bit overpowered in that one.

If you are combining SW and HP, one needs to work out how the Force relates to magic. My take on it is going to be that the Force is magic, but most wizards are weak in it, thus they need to use a focusing device to use lesser techniques.

Its a messy situation and one I'm trying to work through before I get to far into the story.

12. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

LOL. wizards are weaking in magic however they have one thing over jedi. they have countless spells in there liberary that are useful like blowing stuff up or useless spells to make one's face have boils.

the magical world and the jedi's world are practically the same thing. bigotry, prejedus, dark vs light good vs light, there is no shades of gray to them. am i right anyone?

13. Seraphym

Seraphym First Year

I agree, but the difference between spellcasting and the Force seems to be in use. Jedi use it in only certain ways, yet Sith seem to have a plethora of abilities. The original Sith were semi-primatives that used the Darkside in a sort of sorcery, much like the wizards of HP. They even had special amulets and such that focused their power and made it easier to draw upon, sort of like crystal wands. Their abilities were more powerful, but it seems they were less versatile, like cleaning charms.

The way I'm thinking is that any energy beam could be deflected by a Lightsabre, or a Force technique that is difficult, similar to Vader absorbing a blaster shot. I'm still working out a sort of hierarchy of Force/magic driven abilities.

The Jedi are very much like Dumbledore's band of merry men in their view that light is light and dark is dark, and the Sith are very much against light magic considering it weak, thus useless. Personally I've always liked characters that go for the Grey, and use bothsides of the field for their purposes, whether they want to save or conquer.

14. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

hp/star wars crossovers

i liked this fic a lot personally although it is bit rushed i like it for a lot of reasons
    1.It stays in the Harry Potter world and doesnt have Harry magically winding up in the Star Wars world right after he beats Voldemort

2. hes not dating ginny or angsting over her death as he is in most every star wars/hp crossover fic ive read

3. most important of all...he isnt a jedi! this is completeley new to me besides this fic i havent seen a single star wars/hp crossover were he isnt some good little jedi who does whatever hes told

15. Akalon

Akalon Second Year

Columbus, Ohio USA on weekends, weekdays The Void.
    Hey Seraphym, I'm guessing you've read the comic Golden Age of the Sith by Dark Horse comics? Because some of what you've mentioned about the ancient Sith is right out of that comic.

I'm a SW fan also and have read over 70% of the books for it, so I know a good bit of info for the SW universe, though most is only for after Episode6:RoTJ.

16. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

I like it even if it is a bit rushed and short.

Seraphym, Have you rewritten much of the story?

17. tridentwatch

tridentwatch Looked into the void

cool. A revamp... Is that when you are going to rewrite the fic?

18. Darth Sephiroth

Darth Sephiroth Muggle

Figured I ought to let everyone know that (as the original author of the fic) I have continued and finished the story. I'm currently working on a sequal that delves deeper into this particular universe. If people want to add more to it PM me either here or at FF.net

19. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

Yes a sequel!! I like what I have read so far...

20. Admonkeystrator

Admonkeystrator Seventh Year

The lightsaber is made out of what? Oh look a throne that makes all the dementors worship him... how convenient. Oh! speaking of convenient... a new prophecy to announce his return to the light side, naming him specifically.
    :facepalm

Maybe the next chapter is better?
    :ph34r: could have sword avada kedavra wasnt that colour...
    and like all great military commanders, he'd gone off to battle, before his base of operations was deemed secure. Griffindor?
    Stunning lack of dialogue.

ok, next chapter
    yeah...not bad. A little truncated perhaps...
    Having a whole army of mecha despite the opening scene of having only the one AT-ST built was a bit much.

God i hope these last three chapters have been a leadup to the actual story, in some sort of bizarre post prologue.. logue...

meh chapters.. some story developing at last... no wait.
    2 very short chapters that basically skipped what could have been some very important character interactions...

no moore.. pls.

1/5 + 1/5 due to useage of starwars itself, and keeping with the theme that the badguys have the worst dialogue.

2/5