1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Interstitium by Assault Sloth - T - Mass Effect

Discussion in 'Games' started by MonkeyEpoxy, Feb 14, 2016.

1. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Title: Interstitium
    Author: AssaultSloth
    Rating: T
    Genre: Sci-Fi
    Fandom: Mass Effect
    Pairings: [Shepard/Tali]
    Chapters: 33
    Words: 535,038
    Updated: May 1, 2014
    Published: Feb 17, 2010
    Summary: Flashbacks, interstitial scenes, and backdoor dealings. A companion to ME2 focusing on characters and worlds, big and small.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5753454/1/Interstitium

So, yeah. It's probably the best Mass Effect fanfic that has been written so far. The writing is bitchin, the characterizations are bitchin and are mainly the focus of the story. It follows the plot of ME2, but it mainly focuses on the "in betweens" of the original story. An e.g. would be Tali waiting on some backwater pissant of a space station near Alchera, waiting for more updates on Shepard's death, knowing that his corpse is present.

I was shocked it wasn't put up for review before, but this is the easiest 5/5 I've ever put on here. It's a masterpiece. I'm pretty sure most Mass Effect fanfic fans have read this already. Should be easy for you too. If you haven't read it yet, and you like Mass Effect, I can't stress enough how much you should read this.

Also, just a random note. This is one of the fics that treats Krogan as the giant, fuckin, regenerative, high reproductive lizards that almost destroyed galactic civilization they are. 8 foot, 800 pound monstrosities that can shrug off mortar fire, regenerate injuries and stop moving vehicles, but I blame game engine height mechanics for that, though.

Another note (I'm reading through this again and will have to stop myself, else we'll get paragraphs and paragraphs of notes, especially when I got to Legion's chapter. My reflections on that would be longer than the actual chapter. Utter fucking literary glory), this is a perfect representation of Miranda, and the dangers of perfection. It gets spooky.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2016
  2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It's probably the only MaleShep story I can read but fuck me if it isn't also the best ME story out there.

Has been a few years since I last read it but I remember it to be excellent and making great use of various characters.

5/5

3. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

An excerpt from chapter one that may, or may not, garner your interest.

4. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Oh god 500k words. I'll attempt to read this.

5. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wait, this wasn't already here?

5/5, definitely the best Mass Effect fic I've read so far.

6. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

Huh, would have thought this already was in the library.

Easily one of the best story in the fandom, anyhow.

Those who come looking for a fanfiction with a lot of action might be disappointed, though. Like the summary says, it focuses on the different characters of ME, and not on the overall plot, and it's fucking great because of that.

5/5