1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Interview With The Slytherin Childe by DisobedienceWriter - K+

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by The-Hyphenated-One, Jul 19, 2007.

1. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Title: Interview With The Slytherin Childe
    Author: DisobedienceWriter
    Rating: K+
    Genre: Adventure
    DLP Category: Alternates
    Pairing: N/A
    Summary: Summary: AU. A press conference after Hogwarts Castle is captured by an unknown attacker turns surreal for Rita Skeeter. She gets more of an exclusive story than she ever imagined. Dark!Harry. A short, multi-chaptered fiction.
    Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3658649/1/Interview_with_the_Slytherin_Childe

Pretty short so far, and it is intended to be a short multi-chaptered fic. It kept my attention, and I am intrigued to see where it goes. If nothing else, a good way to eat up some time.

Good grammar and an original idea go a long way these days.

2. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Very good so far, I liked Harry's attitude, he is a bit super powered though.

4/5

3. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

I like this, overall. There were some annoying cliches, like the snake magic, the Slytherin book, and the Chamber of Secrets, but it is interesting. Rita is portrayed nicely. I like the new spin on the horcrux. I didn't really like the ghost/spirits, but so far theres only a little bit of that. 3/5 so far, but I'll wait on rating it until there's more- this story has the potential to either fuck itself over or be really good

4. Le

Le Fourth Year

I thought it was nice and original, especially with the horcruxes/genies bit. It was well paced and the 11-year-old Potter really surprised me. I'll give it a 4/5, but only because of the lack of length . . . when it gets longer, it'll be a firm 5/5 from me.

5. Marie M

Marie M Raptured to Hell

Pretty interesting, but unbelievable

6. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

2/5, some of the shit is ugh...

7. rj_stone2

rj_stone2 Seventh Year

This fic has some interesting ideas, but the author's track record makes me think it's going to be another "super!Harry reshapes the world and overwhelms all opposition" yawnfest.

8. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I liked it but it didn't do much for me. The first chapter was rather good and I had high hopes for a good fic but I thought the second chapter went down hill. Super!SnakeChild!Harry the Usurper was rather lame really. 3/5

9. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I was quite interested until the second chapter--it seems that young Harry has done far too much already. Destroyed Dementors, freed Azkaban, has control of Dumbledore, has an army of basilisks at his command--where it all went downhill.

If Harry was, perhaps, a bit older-- had graduated Hogwarts--I could see this being a better story. Funny how a simple thing like that would make it more realistic. As it is, baby!Harry with Parselpowers and the nerve to have the Dursleys frozen, AND keep them around for display purposes, seems a little far-fetched.

However, I do like the use of the Horcruxes, although it's almost impossible that Dumbledore, Voldemort and Flamel would make one without knowing exactly how it could be used against them.

It's really an average fic, that could have been something better. 3/5

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Agreed, but I liked it as it is anyway. An amusing read.

11. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

This is pretty similar to DW's other stories - super!Harry appearing from nowhere and taking control of the corrupt and incompetent Wizarding world. The only difference that I see is that this Harry is a bit darker than her other ones.

Since I liked her other stories, I like this one as well. If you can swallow a bit of idealism and over-powerness, you might like it (/them) too.

Let's say 4.1/5

12. Wisdom's Mountain

Wisdom's Mountain Sixth Year

It's not a great literary work, more of a guilty pleasure. I thought it was somewhat entertaining, although super!Harry was slightly annoying me by the end of the third chapter.

13. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

Amusing read, but Harry just kind of comes out of left field here. It sounds like some sort of really, really perverted retelling of the myth of Romulus (of the founding of Rome): Taken from birth when the mother was killed, he is sheltered by a savage animal (well, the Dursleys and then raised by snakes) and goes to use those skills to overthrow the current rulers, wreck his revenge, and remake an empire in his image. The only thing missing is a brother figure to kill off, but that could still happen to someone of the same name (werewolf will get what he has coming). I just can't really see this Uber 6 year old Harry story actually having a point- he'll probably have a few more chapters of goddom and then the story will just fall apart.

While the genie in the bottle idea is ingenious, the execution was fairly flawed. Granted, I'll probably read it anyway to see what other ideas he comes up with, but not library material.

3/5