1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice

Iphone Messaging Problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Peter North, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

To save money my mother and I share an Apple account. Unfortunately when she texts her friends the texts appear on my phone and when she receives a text on her phone I get interrupted as well. The other night her friends were IM'ing each other and forgot to take her off the sending list so I spent a good hour getting different messages that had nothing to do with me or my Mom.

I usually set the texts to do not disturb but if she starts a new message the process starts all over. Does anyone know of a way to stop this without getting a brand new account?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. Sacro

Sacro Seventh Year

Do you yourself text/call her friends sometimes? If not, try simply blocking them, since I belive the block list is local to the phone and not the account (though I'm not 100% sure).

3. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I don't talk to them and I haven't tried the blocking feature because I was worried I'd block them from my mother's phone as well. If that isn't an issue with blocking then I'll go right ahead and do that.

4. Sacro

Sacro Seventh Year

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure. Though this support article says "on your device", and not "on your account" or something. I'd say just test it, and if the numbers do appear on your mothers phone as well, simply remove them again.