1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want some serious feedback about your writing? Enter the Q3 2019 Story Competition!

Topic(s): EITHER
    - What the Professors get up to in the summers.
    - Ritual Magic!

Word count: 17.5k max (no minimum)
    Deadline: September 9th
    Check out the Competition Page
    Dismiss Notice

Israel uses Palestinian money for illegal settlements

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hashasheen, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1161347.html

Israel appears to have forgotten the most notorious of racial stereotypes: the money-hungry Jew.

Edit: Here's why its so bad. The territory (Area C) disccussed is still under Israeli military control, comprises a majority of the territory of the West Bank and consists almost entirely of Israeli settlements and strategic areas.

So basically, Israel is building infrastructure and providing civil services in Area C exclusively for the benefit of illegal settlers from Israel with money collected from Palestinian territories and lands.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  2. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Didn't hear about this. Oops, I guess.

Now to point the finger at someone else: America, you big oil thief you.

3. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not a big deal. The article explains how the money being either civil administration, or state income is a technicality. The money still goes back into the West Bank.

4. Hashasheen

:rolleyes:

Note that the territory (Area C) we're discussing is still under Israeli military control, comprises a majority of the territory of the West Bank and consists almost entirely of Israeli settlements and strategic areas.

So basically, Israel is building infrastructure and providing civil services in Area C exclusively for the benefit of illegal settlers from Israel. The fact that it is subsidizing the growth of these illegal settlements from the proceeds of Palestinian land makes it a big deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Bank#Administration

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  5. Vir

High Score:
    They're legal settlers. Palestine doesn't exist. It's all Israel.

6. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Can you please stop naming your threads "Oh for fuck's sake"?

7. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

You best be kidding.

8. Hashasheen

... Canada is America's hat and cheap source of maple syrup. Now can we be serious?

Why? They're usually right on the money.

9. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    All I see whenever I open your threads is BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

edit: Srsly though. Israel is bad and all that jazz.

10. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

That thread title is in no way descriptive. |:

11. Hashasheen

Seriously? Its been only the last two threads. Before that, a few fanfic recomendations, a few funny links and a retarded Chuck Norris-related thread.

Why you gotta oppress me, magical unicorn? Why?

12. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Sometimes I want to bomb settlers more than the palestine arabs.... If the fatah could neutralize other terror organizations and guarantee safety of it's borders, I have no problem giving them the entire west bank. Fuck settlements.
    About the money - 99% of the money that should go to humanitarian efforts in palestine territories get's stolen - either by the Israelis, but mostly by high ranking palestinians themselves.

13. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

This.

I'm willing to give them even more than that, as long as they stfu and play nice - which they don't. The ball is mainly in their court, now.

14. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

Here's hoping one of you two are Prime Minister one day then.

15. Vengashii

Vengashii Unspeakable

"Until the Oslo Accords in the 1990s, the funds were transferred to the Civil Administration to be used for operational expenses as well as for infrastructure and welfare services for Palestinians in the territories."

Wait what

16. Anarual

Anarual Seventh Year DLP Supporter

https://www.adbusters.org/print/magazine/89/chris-hedges.html

Quote:

Israel, with its vast settlement expansion – including the hundreds of new homes it intends to build in East Jerusalem – makes no pretense anymore about working toward a two-state solution.

It is an overtly apartheid state. Its goal is no longer rapprochement with the Palestinians but rather the carving up of the West Bank into ringed Palestinian ghettos that will replicate the misery and violence of the large ghetto that has become Gaza.

The Jewish settlements and their constant expansion in the two decades since the signing of the Oslo accords have created a vast and elaborate Israeli infrastructure on Palestinian land that can no longer be reversed. The faint hope that Barack Obama would pressure the Israeli government to abide by UN resolutions and international law was shattered when the president refused to condemn Israel’s brutal 22-day assault on Gaza. Obama’s obsequiousness was cemented when Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin “Bibi” Netanyahu flatly rejected the administration’s call for a halt to illegal settlement expansion. At that point Obama appeared to have given up.

Israel’s decision to seize most of the West Bank and leave 1.5 million Palestinians trapped in the open-air prison that is Gaza inevitably means the creation of a deformed Jewish state in which privileged citizens will live with one set of rules and second-class citizens, Palestinians, will be systematically denied national and individual rights. In this apartheid state, Palestinians will be subjected to ever more humiliating and demeaning forms of control and repression.......................

17. World

World Oberstgruppenführer Moderator DLP Supporter

The fat guy is right, descriptive thread titles are a must. Go comply.

18. Hashasheen

Got it, World.

Fatah is part of the problem. They're so inhumanely corrupt because they've had no opposition for so long, plus they control most of the guns since Hamas got side-lined in the West Bank.

As you can see in this specific case, its the Israeli goverment doing the stealing.

19. Hugo

Hugo Second Year

I think I'm a bit late with this thread...but when I saw your post, I have to say this; you my friend are an idiot of epic proportions and who is most likely either a) ignorant about world history and the treaties involved with WW1 and WW2 or b) just an ignorant retard altogether. Learn the history involved before saying anything. Seriously, expand your abysmal knowledge.

20. Vir

High Score:
    Kingdom of Jordan
    >
    British mandate of Palestine
    >
    Israel.

You see a "Palestine" in there somewhere? 'cause I don't.

Oh, and before you reference the UN resolution creating the twin state, going to war voids the treaty. You can't go to war, lose, then cry about how the treaty you just went to war over needs to be enforced.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010