1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot It Could Only Happen at Hogwarts by Inusitatus

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by darklordmike, Oct 11, 2020.

1. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Title: It Could Only Happen at Hogwarts
    Author: Inusitatus
    Rating: M
    Genre: Humor
    Library Category: Humor
    Pairings: none (hints of Harry/Luna)
    Summary: Being doused in a sabotaged potion had some REALLY unexpected effects for Harry Potter. Voldemort really wasn't expecting this!
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12324057/1/It-Could-Only-Happen-at-Hogwarts

This little oneshot is silly but fun. Harry has a potions accident that leaves him with a condition like Inspector Clouseau from The Pink Panther: a habit of getting into and out of ridiculous situations while sowing chaos. The premise is farcical, but it's supposed to be. The writing is good, the characterization is good, and Malfoy gets a satisfying comeuppance. There are a few good one-liners sprinkled throughout.

My only complaint is that it's too short to have much substance. It ended without really exploring all the possibilities of the scenario. Hopefully the author turns it into a series of oneshots.

There's a giant magical dildo if you're into that sort of thing.

4/5

2. James

James Unspeakable

Eh. It's okay. Not the worst, not the best.

It's like one chapter from Rorscharch's Blot 180 chapter ideas dump, just better written. 3/5 for spending inoffensive 6 minutes

3. Sword_of_Dusk

Sword_of_Dusk Squib

Just read this. Not too bad, but nothing amazing either. A solid few minutes that generated a laugh or two. Needed to be greatly expanded for maximum impact. 3/5, I suppose.

4. Barzûl

Barzûl Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I liked the idea behind the story. A potion that "created" Inspector Closeau as we know him.

It was poorly executed however and it felt like a rushed job. No need for a temporal refund due to the short lenght, but it's quite meh.

2.5/5, rounded up.