1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

It's Official... The Silver Doe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BioPlague, Jul 17, 2007.

1. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

The Silver Doe patronus belongs to Severus Snape, who very much loved Lily.

Unrequited. Just thought I'd throw that out there because right now I'm having problems getting through this thing.... and it's fucking -_-.

Just.

[stares]

2. Hahukum Konn

Hahukum Konn Fourth Year

It's been fanon for a while now in some quarters that Snape had a 'thing' for Lily, and frankly I'm not surprised; it fits very neatly with Snape's resentment of James and Harry.

3. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

Sometime in the early hours of July 21, expect to hear a resounding 'squee' as all the fangirls discover the truth. [Sigh].... it's not like there aren't enough Severitus stories out there. This will just encourage the fangirls.

4. Nymphe

Nymphe Second Year DLP Supporter

I may as well say it first:

I was so damn happy it wasn't Ginny's!

God, I could not stomach matching Patronuses. The little sliver of James/Snape shippers will be pleased...for some reason...

5. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I would have gouged out my eyes if Harry and Ginny's patronus' were matching. But wait, did she make a corporeal patronus in the fifth book? I'm not sure. Meh.

So will the Snape/Lily shippers... and the Snape/Harry ones too. Can you imagine: Snape stared deeply into those bright green orbs, quickly getting lost in their depths. He softly whispered, "Your eyes are just like hers."

Jesus Christ!:eek: Can you imagine it? I had to force myself to write that last part. Sickening.

6. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

:mid2

You know I was so fucking happy that Snape was a greasy, traitorous slimeball and that all the unrequited love bullshit wasn't true that I made it my bloody name. I did it as a 'HAHAHA, fangirls!' But now that's ruined aint it? Snape loved Lily but she didn't love him back and now he has her as his patronus... AGGGHHH!!! Still, I will die happy if the doe thing is just a connection to being the wife of a stag. If Lily is a doe animagus suddenly then I will flip....

7. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

It's a bit strange though...

If you think about it... and I'm doubting lilly was ever a animagus... or that her patronus was a doe....

If snapes most comforting guardian is of lilly, and lilly is represented by a doe...

Doesn't that mean that Lilly is being defined by who she is paired off with (ie james)

Snape would have to conciously be aware of it I'm guessing and he, would have to always link the two, so in a way, he mentally perceives... Lilly as an extention of James potter...

It's a whole lot of mind warping logic there, but I think people can see what I'm trying to say.

By lilly=Doe, where Doe=Stag, stag=James... Serverus snape Wuvs James Potter.

Disturbing...

symolicly speaking that is a horrible way of representing lilly... What would all the Feminists say.

"No man Defines me... "

*SNAP SNAP [Head twist]

"imm hmm..."

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  8. Ryzen

Ryzen Second Year

.....or maybe it's a silver doe because she (Lily) loves james and james' animagus is a stag.

Simple Logic people, stop overanalyzing.

9. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Thats what I'm saying though... and I was tryign to anylize it.

Because James is a stag... lilly is being described as one. She isn't one as far as I know through any other way, a doe. I doubt she is a animagus, or thats her patronus... and as far as I know the books never mentioned any affinity for the creatures.

Her representation is soley based on her husband... and for snape to be the one to be representing her this way is just weird in my opinion.

It's like he's suddenly saying... " Oh woe is me... Lilly who doughts love james so... she is my guardian force... but her form taunts me even now as she is still the mate of my sworn enemy..." emo tears

and a curious though... if harrys patronus and snapes patronus ever 'got together'...

Would they mate, and what the hell woud that mean?

10. Ascania

Ascania Second Year

Then you better take comfort in the thought that Snape's patronus is the girly one

11. Nadino

Nadino Third Year

that's disturbingly annoying.

i haven't read it yet, i'll wait a couple of days until the release.. pre-ordered it months ago.

12. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

13. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

In the way one can rip off a ship between characters they created.

14. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I wonder if JKR ever got any ideas from Fanon. I mean seriously. There are THOUSANDS of H/G R/HR fics out there. Thousands where Moody dies. Its not that unbelievable.

15. njpotterfan

njpotterfan Guest

I just finished reading it and wow is about all I can say, the snape thing surprised me. I was very very happy with the book over all though. Didn't put it down since about 230 this afternoon when I got it and it is now 1 AM

16. Big D on a Diet

Big D on a Diet Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Page 656. That's where Deathly Hallows ends. Everything afterwards is utter nonsense.

Which sucks, because I was enjoying it thoroughly until then.

Now I must fix it.

Big D

17. Bug-Eyed Earl

Bug-Eyed Earl First Year

I hope that's a joke.

18. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

o_O

Lily has too much class to be with him. >_>

Though I suppose Potter ISNT much better. -__-

19. Ryzen

Ryzen Second Year

I told you.....

20. xcel

xcel Looked into the void

It is unlikely that she got ideas from fan fiction. She had the whole thing planned out right off the bat at book one and there is a lot of foreshadowing for the seventh book, for example in book four, Dumbledore's triumphant gleam in his eyes when he learns that Voldemort took Harry's blood. As for the Snape/Lily, the foreshadowing is simple. In all his six years teaching Harry, he never once said a bad word about his mother. So no, J.K Rowling did not copy from fan fiction. It's the other way around, shippers are just picking up on the clues and little facts left by Rowling in her book.

Oh and the Silver Doe as patronus of Severus Snape is fucking lame.