1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Jormungandr's Challenge #1: Obsessiveness

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Jormungandr, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Jormungandr's Challenge #1: Obsessiveness.

Summary: a plot most foul is afoot – lustful and wanting eyes burn at the oblivious figure's retreating back, hungrily taking in the seemingly naïve prey's most innocent movements and actions.

You will be mine!”

Rules and Suggestions:

• The minimum word limit is 500.

• The 'target'/protagonist has to be Harry James Potter.

• The 'plotter'/antagonist has to be a secondary character, either obscure or well-known. Examples include Fleur Delacour, Nymphodora Tonks, Hestia Jones, Katie Bell or Cho Chang - the more obscure the character used is, the better.

• Ginevra Molly Weasley is not allowed as an antagonist – there are plenty of 'Harry is stalked/love potion poisoned by Ginny' sort-of stories already written upon fanfiction.net.

• The antagonist must be portrayed with a subtle, devious and quietly obsessive manner to her actions. Subtle ruthlessness/aggressiveness is also greatly encouraged.

• Storyline 'twists' are encouraged – turn the reader on their heads!

• Plots that are focused upon having the target directly affected by indirect association (a random example: Ginny being cursed horrifically and put in St Mungo's, whilst Harry is 'comforted' or something similar to this by the antagonist) are allowed. The more creative, the better! It should also be primarily character driven, though that's more of a suggestion than a requirement.

• Plots can be anything and everything – there are no real boundaries.

• This also applies to genres, such as suspense, horror, humor or mystery, but the tone of the story must have a darkened feel to it.

• Canon doesn't have to be followed. Or at least to the letter...

• Antagonist motives must be personally driven or be clouded with personal desires or delusions in nature; example being the antagonist wanting the protagonist as a romantic partner, although ruthless 'protection' for a close friend/sibling is also another viable example.

• The challenge response must not contain any slash, and must be heterosexual in nature - there's enough of that 'kill it with fire' shite in the fandom, already.

• Canon characters that are essentially Original Characters due to having little to no information available about them aside from a name (see Su Li, Daphne Greengrass) are allowed, but only if they avoid the atypical cliches usually attached to that 'name' – see 'Slytherin Ice Queen' as a well known example. This is to ensure that something other than the usual cliches associated with that character name is introduced to the reader.

Hope I did this right, as this is my first challenge post. I'm probably putting myself in a firing squad's line of fire by posting this, but...

[​IMG]

2. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Well, this is funny, but I already wrote this fic that fits your challenge pretty much to a tee.

Granted, it is a sequel to one of my other stories, but I think it fits the bill well enough.

3. Dantrag_tc

Dantrag_tc Backtraced

A very interesting idea with a potential for some very disturbing events. I mean for someone like Hestia or Emmeline to be stalking Harry, it's bound to be twisted. The only real canon characters that I could see doing this are Romilda Vane (she already tried the LP -tactic once) and the other is Cho, that girl has some serious issues. And obviously Bella too, but with her you never know what she's after XD

There is actually at least one story, that is the opposite with Harry as the stalker and his target is Daphne. It is somewhat twisted. Intoxication.

Another story that is atleast partially related to this challenge is "Who is Polyjuicing Whom?". In it Harry is being stalked by both Hannah Abbott and Susan Bones (Just proves that puffs are the most dangerous creatures out there).

They're not necessarily the best stories of this genre out there, but they are some of the few that are not about Ginny stalking Harry.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011