1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Jormungandr's Challenge #2: The Weird and Unusual...

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Jormungandr, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

The focus of this challenge is outright disturbing characterizations for secondary and minor characters; think outside of the box!

Examples would be a Fleur Delacour who obsessively stalks Harry during and beyond the Triwizard (Peeping Tom Fleur at Privet Drive, hah!),

A Madam Rosmerta that uses Memory Charms and other mind-magics to -essentially- rape men, her popularity primarily originating as a side-effect from her clueless victims,

A Pansy Parkinson who believes that, by ritualistically murdering a mud-blood, a half-blood, and a pure-blood, she will lose any self-perceived physical deformities, etc, and be perfect,

A Tonks that slowly loses her sanity over time, her mind taking on ever mounting residual attributes of those she mimics (such as gaining a liking for having green eyes after mimicking Lily Potter for a long time, for example),

A Lily Evans that, far from the kind, second-hand view given to us in canon by other peoples' perceptions, was cold, cruel, and manipulative to the core, to get what she wanted. She spent years manipulating people around her, her ultimate goal being the molding of James Potter (whom she took a liking to straight from their first meeting on the Express) into worthy husband/pawn material, to advance her life goals, and the discarding of Severus Snape as an obsolete tool.

Entries are to be at least 1000 words, but aside from one rule...anything will do, really, though Harry -as a suggestion- should be involved in some way.

What is the aforementioned one rule, you ask? Simple.

No. Fucking. Love Potion using. Ginny. Seriously - there's enough of that shite in badly written FFn toilet paper.

But, I believe that's already a given!

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  3. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    What about Ginny being love-potioned by Harry during HBP? That would definitely turn the cliche on its head.

4. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Would be an unusal characterization, since that twist is rarely, if ever, seen in fanfiction (as far as I know, anyway - I don't purposely read anything with Harry P. and Ginny W. on FFn), so yeah - all good.

5. Alive and Free

Alive and Free Groundskeeper

It'd be a nice twist - maybe start it during the conversation between Harry and Sirius in OotP when Sirius accuses Harry of not being like his father. Harry, in an attempt to gain Sirius' approval by becoming more like his father, goes after a redhead, only the redhead's moved on. Sirius dies and Harry's mental state just gets worse.

6. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Glad to see that this has gone beyond repetitive musing on IRC. I'd write something, but I'm fairly certain it'd be shit and I've got APs in a few weeks. Kinda tempted to do either Fleur or the Bathory!Pansy one.

7. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

I'll beta for you, if you want to write something; I've got an ungodly amount of free time on my hands, at the moment.