1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Kira Orior by Dominus L - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by JackalTheRed, Jun 26, 2007.

1. JackalTheRed

JackalTheRed Muggle

Title: Kira Orior
    Author: Dominus L (Myself)
    Rating: T
    Genre: Supernatural/Mystery
    DLP Category: The Alternates
    Pairing: None
    Summary: The human whose name is written in this note shall die.' Harry Potter didn't believe this at first. The power of the simple notebook proved him wrong. Harry Potter will become justice. Harry Potter will become Kira. Crossover with Death Note.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3617210/1/

A little idea that's been nagging at my mind. I don't know how often I'll update, but I have two chapters up so far and am working on the third. I managed to come up with some ideas so Harry doesn't win too easily.

2. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

Hmm...sounds like an interesting idea. If you do it right, then it could turn into a moral dilemma-type fic.

3. deathtehfluffybunny

deathtehfluffybunny Fourth Year

That line from deathbook is such a bad translation, hito.

4. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Ah! a lot of us wanted to see a cross over when the Death Note craze took us. I'll check it out and review it later. Curious to see someone actually attempt this, seeing as IMO it isn't the best cross over verse for HP.

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

o.o

That happened to have been my idea for JBern's e-peen contest from... way back when. Working on it now (plot wise and how to execute it). Maybe later in the month I may put it out.

But as far as yours goes, eh. 3/5. Its a good idea, and but your execution needs some work. Chapters are too short, but from what I glanced over, I didnt see any really glazring mistakes so a point for you. If you polished it up and gave a bit more thought to it it could easily be a lot better.

6. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Crudely executed so far, but it has promise. Polish it a bit and it'll be worth watching. 3/5

7. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

I honestly didn't like it that much.

A think that I have a problem with, is the fact that Harry is stupid enough to kill all of his relatives and Mundungus. Since he is the only survivor it would make him a higly suspicious.

His personality change is also a bit aprupt. Killing Death eaters - yeah sure. But killing innocents, or even Members of the Order is a bit of a stretch.

Another thing that I dislike is the fact that he learns Occlumency within weeks. Tibetian Monks that meditate daily for years aren't able to reach that level ;).

8. Le

Le Fourth Year

I agree with ghst.san: Harry's killing just goes too far. I mean, the Dursley's deaths are at least plausible in that he hated them enough to justify it. But Mundungus? I don't think so. Maybe if it were an Order member like Snape, who he actually dislikes . . .

Other than that, I liked it well enough. With perhaps less over the top killing it will be superior.

3/5

9. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

well, i haven't seen any cross-over of potter-death note. the story while original, is not very interesting. esp when harry starts to kill everyone. 3/5