1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

League of Legends Connection problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Torric, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Torric

Torric Third Year

So I've been playing LoL for about 4 months now, and the one consistent problem I've been running into is connectivity. The thing is, whenever I start a game, it'll be fine 150 ping on the NA servers, 60 now on the Oceanic Servers. However, as I play, my ping will slowly rise and yet I will stay connected. At 5 minutes I'll be at 300 ping, 10 minutes 800 ping, 15 minutes 2k ping etc. Throughout all of this, I will stay connected though.

I've "fixed" this by immediately disconnecting and reconnecting to the LoL game as soon as it starts. This is not a good fix as its often left my team vulnerable to invades as they're missing a member. I'd assumed it was something to do with the NA servers and figured that I'd not have this problem when the Oceanic servers came up but I was wrong.

Can anyone help?

If it helps, I've pasted my Netalyzr results. The 2 things of real note are that;

The time it takes your computer to set up a TCP connection with our server is 380 ms, which is somewhat high. This may be due to a variety of factors, including distance between your computer and our server, a slow network link, or other network traffic.

The resolver at None is not responding to requests.

The whole report is below.

Summary of Noteworthy Events + [​IMG]

Minor Aberrations

Address-based Tests + [​IMG]

NAT detection (?): NAT Detected +

Local Network Interfaces (?): OK +

DNS-based host information (?): OK +

NAT support for Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) (?): Not found +

Reachability Tests + [​IMG]

TCP connectivity (?): OK +

UDP connectivity (?): OK +

Traceroute (?): OK +

Path MTU (?): OK +

Hidden Proxy Detection (?): OK +

Network Access Link Properties + [​IMG]

Network performance (?): Latency: 280 ms, Loss: 0.0% +

TCP connection setup latency (?): 380ms
    The time it takes your computer to set up a TCP connection with our server is 380 ms, which is somewhat high. This may be due to a variety of factors, including distance between your computer and our server, a slow network link, or other network traffic.

Background measurement of network health (?): no transient outages +

Network bandwidth (?): Upload 860 Kbit/s, Download 8.4 Mbit/s +

Network buffer measurements (?): Uplink 53 ms, Downlink is good +

HTTP Tests + [​IMG]

Address-based HTTP proxy detection (?): OK +

Content-based HTTP proxy detection (?): OK +

HTTP proxy detection via malformed requests (?): OK +

Filetype-based filtering (?): OK +

HTTP caching behavior (?): OK +

JavaScript-based tests (?): OK +

DNS Tests + [​IMG]

Restricted domain DNS lookup (?): OK +

Unrestricted domain DNS lookup (?): OK +

DNS resolver address (?): OK +

DNS resolver properties (?): Lookup latency 200 ms +

Direct probing of DNS resolvers (?)
    Your system is configured to use 1 DNS resolver(s).
    The resolver at None is not responding to requests.

DNS glue policy (?): OK +

DNS resolver port randomization (?): OK +

DNS lookups of popular domains (?): OK +

DNS external proxy (?): OK +

DNS results wildcarding (?): OK +

DNS-level redirection of specific sites (?): OK +

Direct probing of DNS roots (?): OK +

IPv6 Tests + [​IMG]

DNS support for IPv6 (?): OK +

IPv4, IPv6, and your web browser (?): No IPv6 support +

IPv6 connectivity (?): No IPv6 support +

Network Security Protocols + [​IMG]

DNSSEC Support from the DNS Roots (?): OK +

Host Properties + [​IMG]

System clock accuracy (?): Warning
    Your computer's clock is 7 seconds slow.

Browser properties (?): OK +

Uploaded data (?): OK

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  2. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

First thing I would check is if you have the latest firmware installed for your router.

Alternatively, you can try setting up some QOS settings on your router.

Edit: Is this just for league of legends? Or does your normal internet usage get slower with use as well?

3. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

LoL uses the following ports:

Open up all these ports using port forwarding (google how to do it for your particular router). If these are all open, ports aren't related to your connection issues.

4. Torric

Torric Third Year

I just tried opening all those ports and there was no difference. I'm thinking it may be the firmware problem as I've had issues with it in the past. And this is the first time I've had problems like this for any game, but I've had similar problems with increasingly poor connectivity via my iPad which I had yet to fix.

EDIT: Given my lack of ability in computery stuff, does anyone know where a reliable place is to get up to date firmware for THOMSON TG585v7 is?

5. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Often times you can just go into your router settings and there might be an option for "Update Firmware" or something similar.]

I did a quick google, and this site looks pretty safe and legitimate.
    http://community.plus.net/library/h...edowngrade-the-firmware-on-the-thomson-585v7/

It actually appears that this router's old firmware is known to have problems with apple products and random reboots/disconnects. So, see if this works for you or not.

6. Torric

Torric Third Year

Okay so I got a new router, the TG582n. Thing is that I run into the same problem as I had before and its now driving me crazy. I think it may have been a port issue as I actually checked if the ports were open. The thing is, despite having used the port forwarding done properly, http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ still reads that all the necessary ports are closed.

I don't know much about routers and stuff, could the ports not being open be the cause of my lag if I don't restart LoL?

7. Sacro

Sacro Groundskeeper

I doubt that it's a problem with ports. If closed ports were the issue, you likely wouldn't get any connection at all. Now give us more information, like your OS, anti virus software and how many Mbit/s you get with your contract.

Download process explorer and open a private game in LoL (with some friends, if the game doesn't let you create one with only you in the lobby, and start the game in window mode). Now open process explorer and you should see 6 graphs at the top - click on the Network graph, which should open a new window. Observe the network graph and if it's getting progressively higher, hover your mouse over it, which should reveal which program is causing it. If the program is LoL, then you should try a reinstall or contact LoL-support and if it isn't LoL, then simply close or deinstall the program.

If the graph doesn't change but your ping is getting higher, then your PC most likely isn't the problem. You should call the support of your ISP if that's the case.