1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Legend of Harry Potter challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Quick Ben, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

I dont know if I am distinguished enough to post a challenge but I have an idea that just wont go away and since my writing skills have been compared to that of a Troll, I feel that perhaps one of the more distinguished writers on this site could honor me by answering my challenge, so here goes:
    1:Harry Potter IS NOT THE BOY WHO LIVED in fact Voldemort is not defeated by a mere child. You could use Dumbledore as the man who "defeated" but not killed him.
    2:Harry is still an orphan living with his relatives, but no one was him or his family except perhaps their friends.In short he is just another casualty of war and not some symbol of light for the British society, where everyone tells him he looks like his parents.
    3:Harry lives up to his reputation as an "incurable criminal" in little whinging.I dont know shit about psychology but I think that for some abused kids, instead of being submissive and hopeless they become rebellious and reckless since they think they have nothing to loose
    4:To summarize the whole general plot, create a Harry Potter story where he relies on HIS strength and not because he is the heir of Gryffindor or Slytherin or any of that inherited powers bullshit, its about the Legend of Harry Potter, his strength, his powers, his capabilities.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    First things first, learn to put spaces between paragraphs, all I can see there is just a wall of text with the occasional blank at the end.

Secondly, this doesn't seem so much of a challenge as a plot bunny. From your criteria all I can really say is that you want a stronger Harry, but no preset challenges for him. This could go anywhere, which is against the point of a challenge.

My advice to you is to go back to the drawing board and think of the type of story you want, not just have an idea that sounds cool, and then come back and post it.

3. turtle7

turtle7 Backtraced

If Harry was an "incurable" kid, Vernon would have an excuse to beat him.

Not child abuse if its valid punishment.

4. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

That's douche talk.

5. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

6. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

You know when I read the title I tought about Frp game we played last week Scion was the name I think.

It would be interesting crossover. Harry being son -or grandson- of a god and traying to make his legend grow so he can become more powerful until he becomes a god as well.

7. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

So basically, you want a delinquentbutcompetent!Harry? Eh, could be interesting depending on the author and what they do with it. The premise isn't used very often, and if it is, it's usually done horribly. Most of the time authors take this direction, it quickly trots out tons of indie cliches and spirals into territory already very well tread.

8. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

So I'm thinking that enembee took up this challenge? It certainly seems like the inspiration for In Spite.

9. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd actually forgotten to post here. Yeah, it was inspired by this, but became something else really. Go check it out if you like.