1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Lessons by k-rock22 - T - HP/AJ

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by madeyemoody, Apr 3, 2006.

1. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

Title: Lessons
    Author: "k-rock22" aka "DanFanKendra" aka "K_Writer" aka "IBidYouAdieu"
    Rating: NC-17
    Genre: Romance/Angst
    Chapters: 41
    Words: 364,325
    Updated: November 30, 2007
    Published: February 24, 2006

Pairing: Harry/Angelina
    Summary: Order of the Phoenix AU. Harry has a lot on his plate this year, what with Voldemort being on the loose, having detentions with Delores Umbridge, and Quidditch being banned. The last thing he needs is to fall in love.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2816523/1/

Just read it It's really good ;)

Checked by Minion, Nov. 18, 2012
    Checked by Sorrows 05/08/2019
    - Story no longer on Fanfiction.net.
    - No other copy found

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2019
  2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    I couldn't click with it very well, don't know why. There happy I posted. Do me a favor and post something in Humor/Parody That Loser.

3. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

I really liked the fic, but then again I'm into just about any AU Romance... :)

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I thought it was pretty ok... Nothing great, a bit to heavy on the romance for my tastes... But then again, I am much more into the "cerebral-thriller"/"action adventure" type of story.

Rating on the Giovanni Fanfic Level Scale?

6.5/10

Better than average (5), less than great(8.5-9.5)... Or good (7) for that matter.

5. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

I was actually going to post this here. It's quite a decent fic.

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Decent fic I suppose. I read it for a while. Dunno why I stoped.

Madeye: Dont bitch. Emo-post deleted.

7. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

It's a pretty good rewrite of book 5. I was almost going to start a Harry/Angelina from GoF, where she was selected as the Hogwarts champion, but it is pretty far back in the plot bunny farm right now.

The writer does a solid job with the dynamics between Harry and Angelina. It's believable and that always scores well with me. There are some nice twists on book 5 and it has already significantly diverged from book 5. I'll be interested to see where the author goes with it.

Jim

8. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I enjoy this quite a bit, but it's pretty angsty IMO, and Malfy is wayyy too competent in this.

9. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Still a good read. Author is up to chapter 26. She (I'm pretty sure the author is a she), is allowing Harry to grow and mature a bit as a result of having a steady older girlfriend. This leads to less brooding and whiny Harry and improves the quality of the reading. Its currently up to the Xmas break where Arthur Weasley was attacked and there seems to be more character interaction between Harry and Sirius than in the real book 5, which if the author parallels cannon and kills Sirius would lead to a more credible angsty guilt trip. I find both cannon and fannon Harry's reaction to Sirius's death sometimes a little over the top.

Jim

10. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

well i'm at least glad that people are reading it...

11. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

Is it just me or are loads of authors joining the site?

Anyways this is still a very good fic, realistic too.

12. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

It seems like you are right. More and more authors are joining. Glad to see the author of this story on this site. I think Harry and Angelina is one of the more daring pairings out there. She's 3 years older than he is and if you want to dig deeper there is the interracial aspect.

That's the only thing that kind of threw me for a loop in the story, that Draco would have an obsession for Angelina. He has always struck me as the Arrayan type, who wouldn't hesitate to resort to racial slurs if he ran out of slurs about a persons magical heritage. That said, the author pulls it off rather well and believably.

On a side note, the actress the had play Angelina in GoF was rather pretty, so I could see it intriguing Draco.

Jim

13. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

Omg last chapter is great, harry's 1st time he is caught by dobby banging angelina in the common room and in this chapter Snape is great he is being civil but snide and harry is being the bigger asshole for once I'm rooting for snape in this fic

14. TheIllusiveOne

Wait, I'm confused. Did Malfoy rape her or not? In the scene from Malfoy's POV he just rubbed against her then Obliviated her. In this chapter Harry and Angelina were talking like he raped her. If he actually succeeded in raping her then I'm dropping this asap.

15. TheIllusiveOne

New chapter up. I'm still confused about what's going on with Angelina and Malfoy.

16. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

he did not rape her. he tried to kiss her--he probably would have liked to go further, but he's a stupid kid. she kicked him and ran for it. he panicked and Obliviated her.

17. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

Great chapter. Your version of Harry seems more assertive than canon version. And most fanfiction romance is pretty pathetic, but your Harry/Angelina is great. But I wouldn't mind seeing more conflicts and arguments between them though. Maybe expanding on Angelina's fears that Harry isn't good enough for her? Jealousy perhaps?

Looking forward to the next chapter.

18. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I like the characterization of Harry in this... And based purely off of the current chapter, I think that there are probably going to be a few upcoming fights between Harry and Angelina.

I enjoy the story and I look forward to it's next update.

-Giovanni

19. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

This story is one of my current favorites, every character is complex and detailed, and the relationships between them are really well done (I particularly enjoy the vibe between Harry and Angelina).

I think the author should have Draco beaten to death, but I don't see her going that direction so I'll have to trust that she has plans to deal with him appropriately.

20. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

This is one of my favorite stories, I hope that this continues. Doing a great job so far.

But just a question, will Harry continue to teach the DA more advanced things such as powerful duelling spells and things, because as it stands now (from what I got), he learned what he did for Draco, then stopped. Also, he says in the story that he thinks he would press a DE much harder now, well sure, but he did not wipe the floor with Draco, much less Voldemort. Will be realize this and train a bit mroe, or will it just stay as is?

Anyway, good story and I hope you keep it up