1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Locking guest view of the new "Work by Authors" section

Discussion in 'Site Related Support' started by liath, May 6, 2008.

1. liath

liath Seventh Year

Hmm, I just realized.

Since we've locked guests from viewing the Work by Authors section of HP fics, wouldn't it be a good idea to lock the Dresden Files' Work by Authors section as well?

Just a thought. ^^

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Well, we locked Work by Author, because we noticed that it was one of the most popular sections of the site, yet it was mostly guests that browsed it. After making it private, the number of people online at the same time increased greatly, and the number of guests decreased. The ratio of users to guests started to even out, in other words.

The Dresden Files is a fairly new fandom, not a whole lot of people know about it. The point of making a new forum just for DF is so that people start to get attracted to it. The more people know about it, the better. So privatizing it will limit the people who have access, therefore defeating the purpose. :\

3. liath

liath Seventh Year

I suppose I can understand that.

Just I thought the main reason we closed the original "Work By Authors" section was because of the possibility of guests ripping off the idea. In which case, the same logic would carry over to Dresden's version.

But, ahh, well. I can understand the publicity part of it. ^^