1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a specific fic

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Lord_Frodo, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Lord_Frodo

Lord_Frodo Muggle

Howdy,
    Quite some time ago I found a very interesting fic, but now I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me.
    I remember that it was set in 5th or 6th year and the defense teacher was a new character. That character was almost an antagonist as he hated harry for one reason or another. The most memorable thing about him was that he had a magical necklace studded with many diamonds. The necklace was compared on more than one occasion to a gaping mouth with the diamonds as it's teeth.
    I remember the necklace somehow gave the wizard a huge amount of power, and that the only book describing its creation had been cut into sections and sold off. Snape had two of those sections.
    If anyone could help me, or even point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  2. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

People are far more likely to help you if you capitalize the first letter in your sentences. I'll help if you can give me a bit more information. Do you remember what pairing it was under, anything about the title, or even around which year it might have last been updated?

3. Lord_Frodo

Lord_Frodo Muggle

Whoops, my mistake.
    My keyboard doesn't always work at the same speed I do.
    I believe there was no pairing. If there was then it was not slash, I do know that.
    If I remember rightly the title was the same as the name of the necklace. Not very helpful I know. It was probably in Latin.
    It was likely last updated before Half Blood Prince or shortly thereafter.
    I'm sorry, I mostly remember plot details and interesting bits of magic, not so much the story info.

4. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Was your fic completed? Another informative factor would be if you had a clue to chapter count (this always sticks in my mind) or the word-count.

5. Lord_Frodo

Lord_Frodo Muggle

I believe it was incomplete but not abandoned, so by now it could easily be complete.
    It was novel length, I'd say somewhere around 30 chapters.

6. Mock Moniker

Mock Moniker Professor

7. Lord_Frodo

Lord_Frodo Muggle

I was wrong on a couple of things it seems. Yes that is it indeed. Thank you very much everyone who was willing to help.

8. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

I don't know if asking for a single member to solve your problem is going to work all that well, and Howdy isn't on that often anyway.