1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for an Arrogant, Powerful, Independent, Harry story

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by TheIllusiveOne, Dec 24, 2005.

1. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I'd like to see one where everyone including Hermione and the rest of the Gryffindor house turn their back on Harry after his name is called out of the Goblet of Fire, so he resolves to become a sort of a mix between Tom Riddle and Sirius Black. All the girls want to shag him because he's a total bad ass, yet they don't want to betray their houses, and all the guys hate him horrible, he loses tons of house points by pulling pranks and talking back, he studies a lot, and all the while Voldemort's plans are in motion, etc.. etc.. that's just an idea, basically I just want a kind of isolated harry who is powerful, and arrogant.

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

This is more of a challenge. If you hit enter a few times on your points :

Point A ->

Point B ->

Point C ->

Has to include ->

Preferable ship ->

Others, including myself, would more-then-likely appriciate this more as it tends to make reading it much less tedious & easier.

I'd read this, if anyone does write it.

Fanfic Challenge

3. Burt

Burt Fourth Year

Xipho: It's not a challange, though. It's a request.

Illu: I can't think of many fics in which Harry's arrogant. Usually authors make him modest and shy and all kinds of girly crap. The most arrogant Harry I can think of is the one from The Happy Red Prince by Lord Serapheth. Then theres Black Sheep by Henriette, which is a Slytherin!Harry fic in which he's a bullying prick. It mght turn out to be Slash, though, and doesn't update too quickly. One of the larger problems with both of these fics is that they're first year AUs, and are therefore rather dull (although less dull than most. Neither have much -- if any -- copy-and-pasted dialogue.)

I don't think you'll have a whole lot of luck with finding fourth-year AUs. Most of those that I've seen just end up being Harry/Fleur romantic drivel, and aren't very good reads.

Most fics in which Ron and Hermione turn their backs on Harry, Harry's too busy trying to overthrow the government, land Dumbledore in jail, kill Voldemort or shag Ginny or Draco to have a whole lot of time strutting about and bragging.

Wish I could help more....

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

You think HRP Harry is arrogant now? This is NOTHING. Just wait for the sequel that picks up in fourth year. I might well make him even less likable than his PoD counterpart.

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

*Frown* Except for that damned demon in his core PoD Harry doesn't seem very arrogant... just slightly off balance and blood-thirsty - completely justified emotions given canon.

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I'd say that he's extremely arrogant actually. He thinks he can get away with virtually anything. Case in point is when he beats the shit outta Percy at the Ministry (and makes up to the man's girlfriend) just because he feels like it, and does the same to the Slytherins just before leaving the school. In the latter case, he murders a fellow student and genuinely believes that he did no wrong whatsoever in doing so. While the truth is that he CAN get away with just about anything given the current political climate and his superhero status, that doesn't change the fact that he's pretty puffed up to think that way. Then, there's the fact that he keeps multiple girlfriends and doesn't feel any real guilt about being less than truthful with them, rather thinking that there's nothing wrong with him doing so. And then there's his actions in battle, thinking that he can walk right into what he knew to be an ambush and still kill Voldemort and end the war all by himself. PoD Harry is EXTREMELY arrogant, though the demon inhabiting him does play into that somewhat.

7. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

* Sits corrected *

*shrug* Arrogant or not, still a bomb version of Hp.

8. TheIllusiveOne

I hope you plan on updating soon, it's been over 2 months.

9. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

...I'm working on it. Seriously, I am.

10. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

You know...that sounds as convincing as my messages to my yahoo group.

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

...But I really am. I have a chapter in the works now.

12. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

On that topic, so do I. *looks at half-finished chapter*

13. TheIllusiveOne

*Sighs sadly at lack of arrogant Harry stories*

I'm sorry, but heros are either arrogant or goody goody monks and I sure as fuck wont read a Monk!/Pacifist/Female!Harry story.

14. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Yeh no shit raven we've been waiting for ages, the saying "hurry up before christmas comes" well it's kinda here so you've offically betten it! what you gonna update first?

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Ravenclaw! :D *nudges you to work faster*