1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to buy a new game.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Zombie, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

So, I'm bored and I'm looking for a new game to play, and rather than waste money on useless shit I'll only play once, I figured I'd ask here.

Requirements:
    -Must be in direct download format, so something like Steam or the system that Sins of a Solar Empire uses(forgot the name).

-No RTS, they bore the fuck out of me.

-No FPS, I've got enough multi-player games. Unless its something new and actually fun (See: TF2, L4D).

-PC specs are not an issue.

That said, give me what you've got.

2. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I began playing The Last Remnant the other day, it's not bad if not a little Japfag and a touch easy.

Actually, scratch that, just buy and play the new Monkey Island. It wins.

3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I've read Midknights posts concerning that. Doesn't look something I'd like to play.

4. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Killing Floor.

A FPS survival multiplayer horror and can be bought on Steam for £15.

I know, I know 'L4D is so much better' and 'omfg no its not you douchbag' etc but I'll let you form your own opinion seeing as though you have both. The main area in which KF really excels is the multiplayer. While it has a solo option I'm too scared to do it on my own - seriously.

The teams have a limit of six people and you get a certain amount of 'specimens' to destroy per person. This means you have to look after each other or you will end up facing insurmountable odds with not enough ammo.

With the new updates many of the 'Specimens' (as they are called in the game) have become drastically more dangerous and there have been many epic game moments where you and your team have been wiped out in one ferocious charge/heroics and miracles have been crapped out.

The game rewards you with 'Perks'. These perks are enhanced as you go and kill specimens in a certain way with certain weapons. For example the 'Berserker' perk can only be upgraded when you do so and so amount of damage with melee weapons.

There has been much criticisms about the game's origins as a mod for an earlier game. WEll I can say, with a 100% honesty, that this is a game outright and for £15 you will enjoy it as much, if not more, than other £40 FPS.

One last thing; no bitch ass crosshairs for KF. No siree, its Iron sight all the way except for a few weapons - the rocket launcher for example.

There is a lot that i'm missing out but hell man there are plenty of websites that state all that I'm missing.

Last but not least, someone wants to say FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU.

5. reggin

reggin Filthy Half-Breed DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

Do it.

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I got the emulators and ROMs of every game ever made prior to the Playstation 1 on my chipped Xbox 1 a few years back. We spent so much time playing the SNES games, we never touched the xbox games for a fucking LOOOOOONG time.

TLR grew on me, but my posts concerning it are still valid. I'm in the same boat now, trying to figure out what to play, I've got around 30 games to choose from, nothing jumps out at me though.

7. se7en

se7en Professor

I have been in the same boat and wanted to play a lot of games. But honestly, I doubt you are going to get hooked on any of the new games... they suck. You might try to want to enter a competitive scene in one of the games you are already in. I know for a fact there are leagues for TF2 and L4D. I play CS 1.6 and am playing in two leagues and still loving it (I have been playing this game off and on since '05. CAL-m/CEVO-m). And if you already know about that stuff, I recommend ESEA, which is a client that sets up pick up games for you and keeps track of your score.

Other than that game, I play DotA on Warcraft 3. I have this beta called Heros of Newerth that is DotA (exactly) on an SC2 engine. It looks great but I only have like two invites left so I can't give them out.

8. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Have you taken a look at Good Old Games?

They got some oldie's, if you are into that type of gaming. Relativity cheap, nothing above $9.99.

Pretty much the same. I have even been considering getting my copy of Pokemon Red out of storage and giving it another play through

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah, we def did that. The games after the first two just couldn't hold our interest at all. Guess it was a one time phenom sort of thing.

Edit: We used to sing the Jigglypuff song to our youngest kid as a baby to get him to go to sleep, NOTHING else worked.

10. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Will you play MMOs? If you do, then try Atlantica Online. It's a MMO turn-based strategy game that pits you head to head against other players in the arena.

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score: