1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Lord of Caer Azkaban by Rorschach's Blot - PG13

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Title: Lord of Caer Azkaban
    Author: Rorschach's Blot
    Rating: T (PG-13)
    Genre: General
    Summary: A letter causes Harry to learn some surprising things about his lineage, a different twist on the usual Harry in Azkaban story line.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2107570/1/

One of my favorite Harry/Azkaban fics. Not quite a Harry in Azkaban fic, but the interesting plot twist brings Azkaban into a completely new perspective.

- - - Edited by Zevrillion - - -

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It starts out strong, but it's really sagging hard. Hoping the author will be able to pull it out of it's slump.

I just wish more authors could come up with original ideas for filler chapters in between the action, instead of almost EVERYONE using the "Harry goes back to Hogwarts,-- even-though he's a veritable king/lord/rich as hell, and powerful enough to smack down Dumbles"

I mean hell, show him building alliances, show him doing cool stuff. Instead a majority of them just ship him back to Hogwarts, where he'll be learning how to make people tap dance in DADA, totally ignoring that the just wrote Harry spending the summer becoming as strong as Merlin!!!

Er.. sorry for the rant... that just irks me when ppl do that, lol.

3. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Touché. I have to agree with you though, it was going great but its rather tapered off in later chapters. The going back to Hogwarts thing is something I also agree on, which is why I have that part all planned out in EoH.

4. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

nice even tho this was one of the first Harry becomes Lord of Azabakan fics that was out there I agree with you that it has sluped a bit.hope something big happens soon.

5. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Why why why send him back to school it makes no sense.

6. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i want to read a fic where he just blows up the school when someone tells him he has to go there

7. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

I want to read a fic where he starts hating magic as a result of being wrongly sentenced to Azkaban.

8. Burt

Burt Fourth Year

9. Gawl

Gawl First Year

The House that poor anger management built
    Considering all the "Harry goes to Azkaban, aquires god-like power, tells everyone to suck-it when he's proven innocent and then Dumbledore pulls some manipulation that forces him to go back to Hogwarts" stories out there I'm surprised no one has done it yet. Of course most of the authors that write those fics plan to have Harry forgive everyone in the end. I really hate when they do that.

10. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

yep we've ripped that plot turn to shreds many times in the Peeves thread.

11. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Hmm that's something new, but a wee bit strange.

12. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

Don't Worry

In my fic, stranger in a strange land, I will have harry return to conquer hogwarts. In fact, I have already written the chapter (I wrote that chapter first and then began to shape the rest of the fic around it). If you want I could post it here, though it won't make sense without the rest of the fic backing it up. Let's just say that by the end of my story, Hogwarts will be rubble, Dumbledore and Voldemort dead, and the Hogwarts Academy of Military Science in the old schools stead.

13. Vecna

Vecna Fourth Year

By all accounts, post once you get a 1st chapter ready, sounds delightful.

14. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

Just did

Just posted the link for the first two chapters in the Dark Harry but remains lightsided category. The title is stranger in a strange land.
    P.S. I just realized there are a couple of lines in chap 2 that I need to change.
    Hope you like it!

15. Kaotac

Kaotac Second Year

You'll want to read my fic, if I ever get around to writing it, then :)

16. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

good story, kinda slow tho...one question... WHAT is a Rorschach?

17. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

Rorschach

To quote from Wikipedia

"Hermann Rorschach (8 November 1884 Zurich - 2 April 1922 Herisau) was a Swiss Freudian psychiatrist, best known for developing the projective test known as the Rorschach Inkblot Test."

18. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon DA Member

This fiction is really good. The author doesn't update often .

19. ShadowedDarkness

ShadowedDarkness Second Year

I have enjoyed this quite a bit, several humorous parts, but looks like he has writers block right now. Personally I think some of the OMAKEs are quite good. Plus I like the whole Unspeakable Arthur bit, plus the Ghost and Phantom. Not to mention its got a funny and well written dobby (why does he get ignored so much, he's loyal to harry, plus he is pretty powerful, look what he did to Malfoy Sr.) Not to mention Harry is progressing and not jumping to super strength over night.

20. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

going back to hogwarts

at first when i read this fic i really liked it but it started going down hill really fast once he went back to hogwarts no matter how many times i read fics like this it never fails to annoy me when the author has harry get betrayed and put in azkaban and then he goes right back to the people who put him there when he could just burn the whole place down with the power and armies that he gets.

but i got off track i liked this fic in the begining only but his new fic "Make a Wish" is a lot better