1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Lovegood, Boobs Gooder by Nonjon - M

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Midknight, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Title: Lovegood, Boobs Gooder
    Author: nonjon
    Rating: M
    Genre: Humor
    Pairing: Harry/Luna
    Chapters: 6
    Words: 41,366
    Updated: October 14, 2005
    Published: May 12, 2005

Summary: WIP. Post OotP. Harry Luna Challenge Response. Harry refuses to stay with the Dursleys and is now going to spend the summer hunting for Snorkacks with the Lovegoods. This is crude, immature, adult themed humor.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2390865/1/

Nonjon has got to be the only author I've seen so far that has me loving a great majority of his work. This humor fic is great

Checked Nov. 17, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Hahaha, yeah. This story his hell whack.

He is one of the best authors on FF.Net.

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

nonjon's talanted enough, but the fact that he's an enormous Cho hater is a bit off-putting to this author.

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

coming from a group of people who religiously despise most of the main characters this shouldnt be a valid arguement >_>

5. Midknight

I don't like canon Cho at all, she came off as a whiny bitch, crying over a boy she barely knew, and using Harry to help her hold onto Ceddy.

That said, I liked the character a TON as a ship for Harry before OOTP, and I really, really hoped he'd end up with her. I like fanon Cho for the most part however, when she's not whiny.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

In the movies she looks like a real tease. I hope Harry just kicks her to the curb in the fifth movie for being a bitch.

Come on Sera, how can you hate such a good author just because he doesnt like a second string character! :p

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I never said I hated him, and I don't. I never even said that I disliked him. I only said that his anti-Cho attitude (and the fact that he's posted reviews on my fics expressing it) sometimes annoys me. He certainly has his niche and he's good at what he does. That said, humor fics really aren't my thing. And I always tend to be hard on Cho haters. Just a personal quirk. It's mostly because she gets crapped on more than virtually any other character in the books, and I feel a lot of it to be unjustified.

8. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

You know it'd be okay to hate me. Might even be healthy. Because I know I hate Cho. Not as much as I hate Snape, or Draco, but more than I hate Ginny. Of course it's bound to be fanon that's made me hate characters. Hell, after HBP I think I might even hate Tonks now too. And HONKS used to be my favorite ship. Or rather least horrible ship, since none of them I'd prefer over no ship. After HBP, Harry/Luna would be the most generically palatable, but any author can succeed or fail with almost any ship.

Though I think Barb might get the blame for a lot of the Cho-hating in the fanfic world. She went and made her a treacherous evil Death Eater years before OotP, and then JK went and made her the butt of every crybaby joke.

In fairness to me, I'm not sure I've ever really picked on Cho in my fics though. A brief mention based off canon in a recent annoyed-rant-turned-one-shot, but other than that I don't think I really have ever included her in anything.

Also, for what it's worth, I apologize for those reviews. I realized I wasn't going to be able to give you any helpful feedback and stopped reviewing and eventually reading. But I read enough to know you're ten times the writer I'll ever be in terms of skill and discipline. Just too strong a difference of opinion on themes and characters for me to enjoy reading. No worries. I am truly sorry if I was caustic or biting. You're the man.

Cho on the other hand, I wouldn't even piss on, if she were on fire. Of course if she were canon!Cho her tears would have doused it long ago, in which case I'll happily piss on her. *Tinkle-tinkle*

9. nonjon

Would whichever admin/moderator deleted the messages to this thread please shoot me a private message? Or even respond here and let me know why several posts got toasted? Too far off topic? Wee-wee humor inappropriate for the forum? Off-site links to comedy central not allowed? Minor spoilers for massively famous 4 year old fanfics are a no-no?

I know I'm the newbie here, so a heads up would help.

10. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

There's a thread elsewhere containing the post that used to be here. I think that midknight pressed the wrong button and split the thread. I can't remember the name of the new thread but it looks like a name to me.

EDIT: That new thread is here; http://forums.darklordpotter.net/viewtopic.php?t=1068

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Nah, Mid just likes to keep things on topic generally, and if the discussion is good he'll split it into a new thread.

12. nonjon

Ahhhhhh. Okay. Thanks Cervus. I doubt I would have figured that out.

/me misses being a muggle already.

13. Midknight

Aye, there are options on the thread for the staff, "Split selected posts" and "Split FROM selected post" I clicked the ones I wanted to spin off into the Dave Chappelle thread, but hit the wrong button due to having the window massivley shrunk down with 4 IM windows open, and so I fed up, lol. Posted the reason why in the other thread.

As the Cho bashing/talk about Phs. Serpent wasn't related to the topic either, I just left in the Chappelle thread there to continue, instead of splitting that again into another 3 post thread.

I try to keep things very clean, it's easier to keep an eye on things in our limited time, if stuff stays organized. That, and when stuff is worthy of it's own thread I'll spin it off heh

14. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Wonderful fic. Absolutely. There is no way that Harry/Luna can be not funny. She's just to odd to be serious.

15. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Please refrain from bumping old topics unless you have something important to say.

16. nonjon

Hey now! Calling my fic wonderful and stroking my ego is important!

Course he did just bump about all of them.

Thanks DarthBill!

(Though the bunny machine in my head has been contemplating a big one-shot sequel to this. I don't have good luck trying to stick to long one-shots. But I re-read this just a few weeks ago, and I like that I could go in different directions with Dumbledore and Voldemort here than I have in any of my other fics. And Harry is delightfully pissed off so dern much. Argh... I need to stop thinking these things.)

17. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I've bumped all yours because I was in a particularly good mood that day, and you are just about the only compotent humor athor I've read. Good job.