1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Maple Story

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by LINKed up, Aug 22, 2006.

1. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Maple Story is a game that was introduced to me by one of my friends when I was visiting CA earlier this month. It is a free Korean-made MMORPG in where you start as a "Beginner" and level up until you can make the first job advancement, where you can chose to become a Warrior, Thief, Bowman, or Magician. I find the game extremely fun and addicting, even though it has 2D graphics. You can d/l the game at http://www.mapleglobal.com, and make sure that you are using IE, because the site isn't compatible with FireFox, unfortunately.

2. pimpostrous

pimpostrous First Year

It was ONCE an OK game. the leveling is utterly retarded. ie. at levels over 10, ppl talk about level in % per hour. as in "i leveled so fast today, i was getting almost 20% an hour". The game revolves around gaining levels to get new skills to kill monsters to gain levels to get new ... its great at first, highly addicting but once you play enough of it, its more than enough. The game is filled with hackers due to the toughness of leveling. Even for those who hack, it takes almost two hours to level up (which says alot about the game). It's highly recommended if you have a few hundred hours to blow off.

3. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Eh... I tried it but the leveling speed is too slow and tedious. So I stopped.

4. natamox

natamox Guest

DUDE!
    I played the game for like an hour then got sick of it. I mean stabbing motions may be fun at first but then it just gets tedious

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

It's just the poor mans Ragnarok. o_o