1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

March of the Golden King by Aelpho - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by MF DOOM, Feb 13, 2020.

1. MF DOOM

MF DOOM Second Year

Title: March of the Golden King
    Author: Aelpho
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure
    Library Category:
    Pairings:
    Summary: "Dreams disappear when the dreamer wakes. Every last one of them with no exception." The final day of the Golden King's dream had come, but what if he was wrong?
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13117108/1/March-of-the-Golden-King

This is very interesting story in that the author really capture Gilgamesh's personality. Gilgamesh talk and act like himself. He isn't a caricature.

The world-building is meticulous. Every character feels real, they have their own lives, own problems. They are not only there for the plot purpose.

5/5.

2. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

It might be a good idea to include the fact that this is a crossover with Overlord because I don't care how closely it follows the FN characterization I have little interest in that fandom and what it entails.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Might be a good idea to at least point out its supposed to be FN. Gilgamesh is not a character existing purely in the vacuum of the nasuverse.

4. thattin

thattin Second Year

This isn't great honestly. It seems well written enough grammatically but as of chapter 4 literally nothing important has happened (and that was a lot of words for nothing to happen). Gilgamesh killed some stuff wow. People made plans which even now I can tell won't really matter because of the ridiculous power difference between Gilgamesh and anyone else.

I guess it definitely fits with the theme of Overlord where a boring but overpowered character goes around killing a bunch of much more interesting side characters, but I wouldn't really call that a good thing.

I'm not sure I'd even call Gilgamesh particularly in character. He's made even more bland, "kill all the mongrels" than he normally is.

1/5 would not recommend