1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Menzoberranzan to Morrowind by M'jai - M - Forgotten Realms/Elder Scrolls

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Rayndeon, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Rayndeon

Rayndeon Professor

Title: Menzoberranzan to Morrowind
    Author: M'jai
    Rating: M
    Genre: Fantasy
    Fandom: Forgotten Realms/Elder Scrolls
    Summary: A drow lost in Morrowind fulfilled the Nerevarine Prophecy. But the second half of the prophecy remains unfulfilled, and if one drow can crossover ... can others?
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6012943...n-to-Morrowind

A Forgotten Realms / Elder Scrolls crossover, focusing on the events of TESIII: Morrowind. The protagonist is Chizrae Velve'Xukuth, a drow from Menzoberranzan and former priestess of Lloth. She ends up crossing the Planes to Morrowind, where she as co-opted to act as the Nerevarine. The story takes place after she's killed Dagoth Ur - after Morrowind's main story line. She ends up traveling with an altmer mercenary, Talvalo Shalonethyr, and seeks a quiet life away from both Menzoberranzan and the machinations of those that would make her out to be the Nerevarine.

I thought this fic was very nice and very much in character to both Forgotten Realms and Elder Scrolls. It oozes atmosphere. While there are action sequences throughout, the main attraction for me were Chizrae and Talvalo's interactions, as well as the intrigue concerning Chizrae's supposed role as the Nerevarine. One nice aspect was Chizrae's very gradual thawing - her drow heritage makes it difficult for her to view others as friends, rather than temporary alliances at best.

Recommended for any fan of either 'verse, I'd give it a 4.5/5.

EDIT: Thanks for the correction, Puzzled.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  2. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

3. Hello

Hello Professor

Decent.

3.5/5