1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Minato or Itachi centric

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Cas, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

Looking for something showing either Minato or Itachi growing up, in the academy, in a genin team, basically showing how they became so good. Also, would just like any Minato or Itachi centric stories.

The Minato stories I have read are:

The Girl From Whirlpool

Torikaeru

Don't Blink - WBA - This is exactly like what I am after, showing young Minato growing up.

The Itachi stories I have read are:

Not Sick

2. douter

douter Sixth Year

High Score:
    Here are three Itachi stories, though they aren't about him growing up.

Yet, mad I am not by Erisah Mae - Itachi dies and wakes up in a sound prison as a chunin. It's a quite good dimension travelling story.

A Justifiable Excuse by rayemars - A oneshot about how Itachi believes everyone is an imposter.

Ascendant by Samurai101 - Itachi's just died...and woken up thirteen again. The only problem is his thirteen year-old self doesn't like the idea of sharing his mind and body with his clan's killer.

I didn't enjoy Ascendant, but it wasn't horrible.

Cas
  3. GiantMonkeyMan

GiantMonkeyMan High Inquisitor

Do you remember if anything actually happens in this? It starts off with Itachi murdering his way out of prison and then there's ten chapters of angst and 'drama'.

4. douter

douter Sixth Year

High Score:
    It's a lot of Itachi coming to grips with the new world as well trying not to give away who he really. He also tries to discreetly oust sound spies as well.

I remember liking the characters in the story far more than the actual story.

5. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just fyi, that Itachi is bi and its heavily suggested it will turn to slash. That writer is a prolific slash writer, after all.

6. cucio

cucio Groundskeeper

High Score:
    I remember reading a few years ago a Minato-centric, slightly AU-ish story about Kushina being a kitsune. It was well written and blended quite well the Naruto universe and the traditional Japanese kitsune shape-shifter myth, with all its pathos of star-crossed lovers and deals with the devil to trade one tragic fate for another. I have tried to search for it but it doesn't pop up, maybe someone else recalls it? This thread made me want to re-read it.

7. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Damn, that takes me back.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about Vermillion.

8. cucio

cucio Groundskeeper

High Score:
    #7 You, Sir, are a scholar, right in one!

I am surprised it has so few favorites in ff.net, I recall it was a more than decent read. I filtered for the main characters and sorted by favorites expecting to find it in the first two pages. Knowing now the title, it appears on page 4. Severely underrated, IMO, but I guess the subject is not as popular as "M&K didn't die and raised Naruto and siblings" is.

Regarding the OP, it is already jounin!Minato, before becoming kage, but there is plenty of character growth in it.

9. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

Thanks douter.

Now you have mentioned it, I have read Ascendant, but it wasn't something I was too impressed with if I remember rightly, but I will give the other two a try.

Thank you Cucio / Knight504, Vermillion looks interesting, will give it a read.

10. fire

fire Order Member

11. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

Thanks fire, I have read Not Sick, but will give he others a try.