1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Muggle Raised Champion by Stargon1 - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Peter North, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Title: Muggle-Raised Champion
    Author: Stargon1
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure
    Library Category: ?
    Pairings: n/a
    Summary: The day before Harry Potter was due to go to Hogwarts for the very first time, his aunt and uncle informed him that he wouldn't be going. Instead, he was sent to Stonewall High. Now, three years later, the Goblet of Fire has named him as a TriWizard Champion. What that means is anyone's guess, but to Harry, one thing is clear: he can finally get away from Privet Drive.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11610805/1/Muggle-Raised-Champion

Muggle-Raised Champion By: Stargon1

The day before Harry Potter was due to go to Hogwarts for the very first time, his aunt and uncle informed him that he wouldn't be going. Instead, he was sent to Stonewall High. Now, three years later, the Goblet of Fire has named him as a TriWizard Champion. What that means is anyone's guess, but to Harry, one thing is clear: he can finally get away from Privet Drive.

Rated: Fiction T - English - Adventure - Harry P. - Chapters: 3 - Words: 10,772 - Reviews: 567

It's shaping up to be a Harry/Daphne fic and while this fic was first posted under the "fanfiction's worst summaries "thread the fic is actually a decent time waster. The grammar is decent and the update rate is pretty good. 3/5 for keeping me entertained while there is nothing else to read.

Edited by CheddarTrek to put it into proper format.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2016
  2. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I read a couple of chapters of this a while back.

1/5 from me.

There are quite a few issues with the story but the biggest one is the idea that the Dursleys could actually stop Harry from going to Hogwarts. It's so utterly ridiculous.

---------- Post automerged at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

I'll give the first few chapters another spin to nail down the other issues.

---------- Post automerged at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

When I read Stargon1's first story A Cupboard Under the Stairs I thought I had found a readable story dealing with an emotionally dysfunctional Harry. It however quickly became a MOB!Dumbledore who was (naturally) an idiot and the wizarding world was even stupider.

3. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Perhaps I recommended this story too early into it's plot. I don't usually like to rate based on other stories from an author because sometimes they manage to pull a gem out of their ass.

4. chiefnewo

chiefnewo Second Year DLP Supporter

Starts out mildly interesting but quickly devolves into typical fanon cliches the second Harry gets to Hogwarts, including a trunk-with-stairs-in and a custom wand (somewhat justified by how much trouble it was to pick a wand for him the first time around). I dropped the story after Harry refused to attend potions with Snape because Snape wouldn't let him wear muggle safety gear.

The prose is decent and I didn't spot any major mistakes. This could easily be someone's guilty pleasure if they stumble onto it before reading too many fics, but for anyone with any experience in the fandom it appears to tread a well-worn path.

Edit: Forgot to put my rating in: 2/5 for me due to too many cliches.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Read up through Chapter 7 so far, and I admit. I'm into it. It feels mostly original, and even though not much has happened yet I've not gotten bored nor found anything to complain about.

Still a bit early to rate, as the major aspects of the plot haven't quite kicked in, but tentatively I'd say 3/5. I'll keep reading and update this post once I've finished it. I'm guessing it will end up being 3/5, but if the main plot surprises me with how good it is then I could see it going up a notch to 4/5 instead.

Edit: Finished the current content, which amounts to around 60k, and... it feels like the main plot still hasn't kicked off. Harry is more or less going through the motions, with no real danger or goal to work towards or against. It's fairly enjoyable to read, but that's all it has going for it. Sticking to the 3/5 - worth a read if you're bored.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016