1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP My Little Venture by NovusAnimus - 17+ - Original

Discussion in 'Other Fandoms Review Board' started by PoshMafia, Dec 24, 2020.

1. PoshMafia

PoshMafia First Year

Title: My Little Venture
    Author: NovusAnimus
    Rating: 17+
    Genre: paranormal romance thriller
    Library Category: Original Adult works
    Summary: My Little Ventrue is a paranormal romance thriller, centred around the machinations of vampires. Drama, seduction, love, and every sin found in the dark corners of a major city. It's a brutal world, filled with deadly politics, deadlier creatures, ancient conspiracies, and Gothic obsessions.
    Link: https://www.literotica.com/s/my-little-ventrue-ch-01

Personal Review - please note there will be spoilers, I am reviewing.

I have read the first book/part of My Little Venture and am well into the second. It is very much a coming of age story with the Main POV character adapting to the new world he finds himself in. The world is heavily drawing from Vampire the Masquerade and the established lore of that series.

For me, the biggest draw to My Little Venture is the imbalanced power dynamics of the main romantic relationship. It is one of the first times I have seen the male protagonist be the one on the bottom end of the power dynamic. While having the author recognize it and IMO write it well.

Each part/arc is written similarly to a novella with different factors making themselves relevant and building off of the previously established world. So far I have yet to see anything that is coming from left field because the author felt the need to give the good guys a win.

As to the actual writing competency, it is hard for me to say. Grammatically I haven't noticed anything, but my grammar is atrocious and translated novels have only made it worse. So I identified no problems, but take that with a grain of salt.

If I were to sum it up. It is Vampire the Masquerade top quality FF. Except the author doesn't label it as such and I am not familiar enough with Vampire the Masquerade to know if things have changed or not.

Easy 4/5 from me this is quality fiction that I would have no issues recommending.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I did not enjoy this, but I'm biased because in general I don't like romance fics, I don't like fics with drastic power imbalances in the main relationship, and I'm not really into vampires when they feature in romances.

I read the first bit so I could attempt to review/rate and there were ... all over the place at one point.

I've read worse but this is not library imo. If anyone else would like to read some paranormal original romance then please feel free to do so... but I'm biased as fuck in this case so if no one does I'm gonna move it anyway.

1/5