1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto stories with Hinata as a main character?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Silly, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Silly

Silly Third Year

High Score:
    A bit of a simple request.

I'm looking for decent or good quality stories where Hinata is the main character, or one of a few main characters. She's pretty interesting, and her backstory leaves a lot of room for character growth, which I think could be very interesting. Yet, I haven't actually read a single story that does it well.

Stories can feature romance or no romance. I'm not particularly picky as long as it's written well. Ideally the story would be finished, but I'm willing to settle for any fic that's a decent length.

The obvious way to go about this is to go on FF.net and search for stories that feature Hinata as a character, but when I did that all I turned up were dozens of "overpowered Naruto stories where he saves the world without trying and ends up with his dream girl Hinata" and I really don't feel like wading through all of those to find the stories where Hinata is actually a real person instead of a background prop in the guise of a main character.

So yeah, give me stuff to read. Please.

2. ILikeLurking

ILikeLurking Second Year

One of my favorite Naruto stories has always been People Lie by nugar. It features a young Naruto sort of mentored by Ibiki. Hinata and Sasuke are his teammates and feature strongly. Probably my favorite Hinata in fanon, but I haven't read any good Naruto in a long time, so take from that what you will.

There's a bit of body-horror, as well as a bit of a Lovecraftian feel in spots. These characters are fucked in the head, but they know it, and are trying to cope. I really loved it when I first read it years ago, but I'm not sure it's held up over time. Looking back, it's possibly more of a guilty pleasure story. Time for a re-read, I guess.

It's a decent length (286K words), and has an interesting alternate-universe spin-off, but unfortunately both are abandoned.

EDIT: Forgot to link.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016