1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2017/2018 Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Rah, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

Doncic just looks like the first pick to me. Man has been balling in Spanish and Euroleague for a while, he was an integral part of European championship winning team and he just looks so fucking polished and ready for NBA.

Btw, Cavs with their 4 new guys pretty handily dismantled the Celtics today. Serves the Celtics right for arranging a jersey retirement ceremony after the game instead of at the half time. That is just asking to be blown the fuck out.

2. Rah

Rah Unspeakable

These playoffs are crazy!

The Celtics keep on impressing, taking a 3-0 lead over the Sixers!

3. Dresden11

Dresden11 Second Year

That's funny since the Sixers keep disappointing me. I just hope that the Warriors can get a win tomorrow. I really don't want that series to go beyond five. Also the Raptors are very disappointing. Lebron's path to the finals seems all but assured now.

4. Imperator Pesmerga

Imperator Pesmerga Seventh Year

Warriors vs Rockets- aka the "real finals"- is coming up. Who do you guys got?

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  5. Inert

Inert Unspeakable

Warriors in 6 for me. The Rockets are great but I trust Klay, Draymond , and Igoudala over the Rockets' shooters.

That said, they go as Curry goes. As great as KD is (and he is great), the two most important guys on GS are Curry and Draymond. If Curry is healthy I can't see the Warriors losing.

Much more intrigued by the eastern conference finals. Legit argument to be made that the Celtics have the 2nd and 3rd best players on the court (depending on Love), and I don't trust Korver and JR to shoot the way they did against Toronto against Boston's pesky defense. Love is my wildcard. Think if Cleveland manages to run the offense through him early and get him established, LeBron won't have to carry them. No guarantees there though.

6. Seyllian

Seyllian Unspeakable DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd say Curry is definitely the most important (not best) player on GS. But Draymond? No way. KD is way more valuable.

For that series, I'd give it Warriors in 5. The Rockets will have to play a perfect game to beat a Warriors team that's putting in 100% effort and Harden has been playing like shit recently.

My Celtics are looking really good. Tatum is showing flashes of super-stardom . That being said, Cavs in 6-7. Unless Bron's teammates shit the bed really hard, I doubt he'll lose.

7. Inert

Inert Unspeakable

People always get on me for this particular take. I've always felt, perhaps erroneously, that Draymond's value as a primary ball handler turns Curry from an all-star into a true superstar/game changer. His ability to run the offense frees Curry up to move off the ball, which is how he gets a decent number of his 3s up. He comes off screens that wouldn't be feasible if he was the one dribbling, giving him a bit more space to use that freakish jumper of his to devastating effect.

His defensive versatility has been well documented.

It's tough to argue against KD being a more important piece, but I still try lol. He's pretty clearly the 2nd best player in the league and I don't fault anyone for ranking him ahead of Draymond. KD is the better player by all accounts. I just think Dray is more important to how GS operates under Kerr.

8. Imperator Pesmerga

Imperator Pesmerga Seventh Year

Agreed.

Draymond is also the emotional leader of GSW. See: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/15063470/draymond-green-leader-warriors and https://www.si.com/nba/2018/05/07/draymond-green-kevin-durant-text-message-exchange-nba-playoffs

Yeah, Cleveland will still likely win this, but you're right that the Celtics have 2 of the 3 best players (Tatum and Horford). They've also got the better coach.

9. Rah

Rah Unspeakable

Honestly I think Brown is better than Love or Korver right now too. He should be fully healed from the hamstring injury by the time the series starts and his defense on Lebron (Along with Morris, Smart, and Semi) is going to play a big part in whether the Celtics can keep this run going.

10. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Well about confernce finals, in West I think it will be warriors, they are all healthy now and unless that changes or draymond gets some suspension duo to technical fauls etc. I don’t see them losing to anyone cavs, rockets doesn’t matter but they have to stay healthy. Also harden will probably choke like last year you could see it a little in semifinals vs jazz he was playing below his average play. About East well celtics are young and there is lebron who after this year playoff could be dethroning mj, maybe :) the guy is on his 15th seasson and doesn’t slow down not even a little so yeah if irving or hayward were healthy maybe but tatum, brown and rozier even though I like them very much are just not experinced enough. Cavs are not philly and lebron is not ben simmons. So finally it will be much closer in the East than West. Warriors in 6 and Cavs in 7.
    Edit: also final it will be sweep or 4:1 like last year and lebron will leave clevland in summer to go somewhere when he can have better chances vs warriors maybe rockets if they somehow can they make cap space.

11. Seyllian

High Score:
    I hate the narrative that LeBron will go somewhere else to have a chance to beat the Warriors. This magical team capable of beating the Warriors that also has the cap-space to sign the King doesn't exist.

He's either going to the Lakers or staying in Cleveland.

12. Rah

Rah Unspeakable

I remember reading somewhere that Houston could sign him. But that might mean no more Capela who's been amazing.

Also Jaylen Brown is a stud, looks like his hamstring is fully healed now too. Celtics in 6.

13. Seyllian

High Score:
    I'll amend my Cavs prediction... Celtics in 6/7.

Houston is kind of screwed cap wise. Resigning Capela will put them in the tax, and there's teams like the Suns that have no qualms about offering a max to him. I think this is pretty absurd considering how much he's benefiting playing with both Harden and CP3, two of the premier play-making guards in the NBA. I doubt he'd be as good anywhere else.

@Rah

14. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Lebron could always ask cavs to sign and trade him for ryan anderson. About cavs boston game 1 easy lebron sucked how many more game he could underperform. Also celtics were always strong in home they didn’t lose anygame in this year playoffs in boston.

15. Rah

Rah Unspeakable

I feel Capela has good enough defense to still be a valuable asset on a good team even without Harden and Paul, though he's obviously benefiting from playing with them.

Lebron and George to Lakers, Kawhi to Clippers. Or possible George to Utah. That'd be a fun team.

Celtics with another win, I know Cavs will be better at home but I really want a sweep.

16. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Alchemist

Of course the Mavs don't get a top 3 pick, they slid to 5.

Well, I'll feel a lot better about Bamba or JJJ at 5 than I would have top 3

17. Rah

Rah Unspeakable

Jaren is going to be a steal anywhere outside of top 3 imo.

18. Dresden11

Dresden11 Second Year

Watching the Celtics spank the Cavs has been very fun this week. It was almost embarrassing to see the Cavs just give up that game mid-way through the fourth. It felt like there were 3 possessions in a row were they made inexcusable turnovers with terrible passes. It just seemed they didn't care even though it was only around an 8 point deficit at that point. Cavs are just lucky that the Celtics are not good on the road. Its the only thing keeping them in this series.

19. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Alchemist

I can't wait til Lebron takes his talents to Golden State. Please. Make the idea of NBA parity even more hilarious than it already is

20. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Seventh Year

Without their little sex scandal and Cuban talking about tanking I'm pretty sure they would have gotten a "better" roll:)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Let's hope they don't pull a magical WWE return avoiding an early playoff exit. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if the fix is in now to stretch it to 7 games and celebrate Lebron's "greatness" to promote their stale NBA product.

Boston vs. Warriors looks like the best possible final in the current boring NBA.