1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2018/2019 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Rah, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Rah

Rah Unspeakable

The NBA season just started and there have already been some great games, so time for a new thread!

Seeing Rondo and Lebron play on the same team has probably been the weirdest thing so far despite tonight's Jerebko revenge game.

Also this

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  2. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Heir DLP Supporter

My dude.

The salt is still real that Dallas didn't get Boogie tho.

I don't think Dallas will challenge for a playoff spot this year though. I also don't think they're bad enough to not have the top 5 protection for the Doncic trade not go through.

The best case scenario is clearly Doncic is good, DSJ keeps improving and they get some more lotto luck and bring Zion or Nassir home, then somehow convince Klay or Jimmy Buckets to come to Dallas. Capella if you don't get Deandre Jordan back, not max.

Make it so, Mavs. You have a ton of cap space to play with next year too. Something like ~80M

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  3. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

How about some predictions guys, here it’s my top8 of East and West:
    East first beacuse it’s easier
    1. Celtics - so much talent in one team great bench and coach.
    2. Raptors - last chance probably they will play smaller with Ibaka ta the center also I like the derozan trade it was time to move from derozan lowry it wasn’t working in post sesson.
    3. 76ers - simmons is the beast and I think he will be new topdog of East after lebron not gianis or kawhai.
    4. Bucks - better coach and gianis working on his game in summer they should take few more games this season.
    5. Pacers - I want to see miles turner and his progress, I also think that there will be big gap betwen 5 and 6 seed.
    6. Wizards - they should just blow it out, their lockerroom is disaster waiting to happen in myopinion dwight and John wall ? No thank you.
    7. Detroit - if blake stays healthy if not they will be out of playoffs.
    8. Heat - they need star, maybe jimmy trade will work out if so they could finish 6th instead of wizards.

West
    1. Warriors - just to op. If they stay healthy no one can take chaminship from them.
    2. Pelicans - Davis for mvp :) but i think they did okey in off season and anthony is now entering his prime I also think that okafor and payton will have big redemption story this season?
    3. Rockets - melo means few more loses andI think harden will take it easy in regular season, preserving strenght for post season.
    4. Nuggets - with milsap healthy and jokic beasting they should make playoffs easy this year not like last time.
    5. Jazz - Mitchell :) I am also looking for grayson allen and how he will play in NBA I like him a lot on duke.
    6. Spurs - they will make it to playoffs but only first round this year, La and derozan should play ok but I think it the end of paul gasol.
    7. Lakers - lebron will take them to the playoffs but that all.
    8. Thunder - with westbrook out in the begining of the season they will lose some games and won’t make up for it later after he comes back.
    Also I think that this year it will be even more tight in West then last year teams 2-10 could have like 2-3 game diffrence in my opinion.

4. MonkeyEpoxy

So, game 2 and we already have hands thrown. CP3, Rondo and Brandon Ingram getting into a fracas for whatever reason. I'm deciding to blame Rondo because fuck em. It did bring us this great picture of Money Mayweather having a good time:

[​IMG]

also Ingram's freakish length lmao

[​IMG]

5. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Fight was crazy and with almost no conseqences 4,3 and 2 game suspension it’s joke for trowing punches. Tonight warriors played ta Denver for top seed of the West also crazy game nuggets were really good but they had some whistles their way. Also their have massive court advantage but for now they are 1st in the West. Okc have really bad start like I called :)

6. kinetique

kinetique High Inquisitor

I thought the Denver Warriors game was really good, not as good as the last Warrios game but still top tier.

I really hope we get a healthy Celtics vs Warriors finals. The team I want to win has no chance, so this is the next best for me .

7. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

I for one hope Celtics never reach finals again.

8. Rah

Rah Unspeakable

9. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Yeah i think it’s mental really, but fuck philly I liked them but they traded for jimmy toxic butler and now i am hater, I hope they that they will suck and I am now on bucks wagon.

10. Demonbuttersage

Demonbuttersage Squib

I can't wait for the Warriors dynasty to fade and collapse. That and for the Lakers to make a quick exit, assuming Lebron can carry those bums to a 6th or 7th seed. The fans still think they've acquired a 23 year old Lebron instead of a 33 year old one.

11. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Seventh Year

I'm sure the Refs will push the Lakers into the playoffs like they did with Kobe+Nash+Howard 2012/13 who played atrocious.

The Warriors can't keep their team together anyway for financial reasons even without that massive ego clash.

12. Wizard Giller

Wizard Giller Slug Club Member

Their new arena is going to be an absolutely ridiculous revenue generator and they're getting a new monster TV deal soon. They will be able to afford keeping the team together. The ego clash is the league's best hope of the dynasty ending soon. That or the Warriors deciding Draymond Green isn't worth a max contract. I actually think he is in decline already and 3-5 years from now no team will want to be paying him the max.

13. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I don't think theres any way they can. actually afford to keep the team together, no matter how much money they generate from the new stadium. Besides all of that after all that's happened, I don't think both Dray and Durant stay (and it's more likely Durant leaves with all the drama surrounding him. Also Draymond is unlikely to get a max anywhere else).

Even if Durant leaves though, the warriors dynasty is unlikely to crumble. It obviously depends on how everything else plays out with Klay/Dray and where Durant/Kawhi go, but they should still be a top tier team, if not as un-fairly dominant as they have been, with Curry/Klay/Dray/whoever else they can get.

14. MonkeyEpoxy

So huh. The Mavs are .500 and Luka is god. Fun season so far

15. Wizard Giller

Wizard Giller Slug Club Member

Why I think they can afford it: https://theathletic.com/435760/2018...-million-annual-player-payout-in-a-few-years/

I think Draymond is actually the more likely of the two to leave jwlk. Where is KD going to go that is a better situation than what he has in golden state? In terms of a 'basketball legacy' the same tarnish he got from joining the warriors (had to join up/couldn't win on his own) would still apply if he went to play with LeBron and the Lakers. Anywhere else he isn't likely to win and he will have to win championships to prove his greatness to fans post Warriors if he leaves them. From an image perspective I think it's a huge gamble for him to leave.

Outside of legacy/image there aren't many reasons to break up possibly the best team ever assembled. He would get the most money from the Warriors, he would have the best teammates with the Warriors, he'd have good weather, and lots of off the court money to be made.

I personally think they're going to try to extend Draymond Green and then use him in a sign and trade to try to get Anthony Davis when he becomes a free agent.

16. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

It depends if warriors win championship if they do durant will stay if no he will try do lebron and go and win „without” superstars in okc or knicks r somewhere. Green is not wortth max in my opinion without kerr, curry and whole warriors system he would be much worse player. Interesting is also boston who has still no 2 defense but 28th offense in the leauge and is 0.500 team and are struggling this season really bad.

17. Sey

Sey Unspeakable DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Why is Jaylen Brown a tag?

18. Rah

Rah Unspeakable

He's my hero.

19. Sey

Sey Unspeakable DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He sucks.. and I'm a Celtics fan. Legit one of the lowest BBIQs I've ever seen. Especially for someone who everyone says is so smart.

20. Rah

Rah Unspeakable

He led the team in scoring in the playoffs last year. Give it time, he's scored 60 in the last three games and is our best slasher.