1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want some serious feedback about your writing? Enter the Q3 2019 Story Competition!

Topic(s): EITHER
    - What the Professors get up to in the summers.
    - Ritual Magic!

Word count: 17.5k max (no minimum)
    Deadline: September 9th
    Check out the Competition Page
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2018/2019 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Rah, Oct 20, 2018.

1. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Heir DLP Supporter

Nurkic got a 5x5 tonight. 24 pts, 23 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 blocks 5 steals

13th in NBA history

2. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

I'm pretty sure Nurkic is the 12th person who gets a 5x5 and 19th overall 5x5. 13 of the 19 5x5 are also by non-american players now. Albeit in that group of 12 individuals Ewing got his in the late seventies, and steals and blocks have only been recorded since 1984-1985. Pretty likely that also guys like Oscar Robertson and Wilt Chamberlain got 5x5 at some point even if not officially recorded.

3. MonkeyEpoxy

Nice. I was just repeating what I saw in the original congratulatory tweet

4. Rah

Rah Order Member

The AD sweepstakes have officially started!

Please anyone but LA or Philly

5. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Banned

I would be surprised if it won't be LA with LeCollude at work but I don't get why AD would be that stupid.

6. Nevermind

Nevermind High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Anecdotal, but still somewhat amusing: I was reading an analysis of the trade request and its possible fallout and the Pelicans’ roster balance was described as “absurd” twice in one paragraph.

Not the most stylistically inspired choice, but true nonetheless. The Pelicans are nothing without Davis and Holiday. Expect at least five (more, depending on one’s opinion on their recent years) years of unadulterated basketball misery, New Orleans.

I’m somewhat ambivalent to NBA basketball these days (Euroleague all the way), but this I shall be following with interest. A trade has the potential to influence the North American basketball landscape for years, particularly if Davis should land somewhere in the Eastern Conference.

7. Nevermind

High Score:
    Speaking of trades that might alter the North American basketball landscape…apparently, the #wojbomb has happened.

As it looks right now:
    Mavs get: Porzingis, Lee, Hardaway jr.
    Knicks get: Smith jr., Matthews, Jordan

The Mavs’ backcourt is looking a little depleted rn, but that frontcourt… my word. As a free agent PG, I’d actually consider Dallas for the first time since Nowitzki’s decline started.

8. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Banned

I'm actually concerned about Porzingis injury history. Knee+*ACL* isn't trivial.

9. Nevermind

High Score:
    It definitely isn’t, and I’m concerned about that as well. So should the Mavs, if they’re sensible. Last I heard, their medical staff was rated rather well, though, so I hope they’ll have things well in hand.

10. MonkeyEpoxy

KING KRISTAPS!

Luka + Porzingis front court

I'm sure the Mavs did their due diligence medically.

11. wox2d

wox2d Fifth Year

I know medical science is always advancing but injuries to big men scare me. I'm not a Mavs fan or anything but I would be a bit worried about Porzingis returning to prior form. Not sold on the "Mavs fleeced the Knicks" narrative just yet.

Fuck the Knicks, though, forreal. Fans boo'd Porzingis on draft night, FO couldn't build a decent team around him despite being the "Mecca of Basketball," and now they hate him when he decides to leave. That franchise is a dumpster.

12. Demonbuttersage

Demonbuttersage Squib

The Knicks deserve nothing but pain and suffering as long as they're owned by Dolan. I hope they suffer a Cubs esque century long drought.

13. Rah

Rah Order Member

They better keep their grubby fingers off Kyrie

14. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

I would not be so sure.
    Kyrie Irving has shifted from his commitment to re-signing with the Celtics: “I don’t owe anybody shit.”
    https://mobile.twitter.com/sbondynydn/status/1091367394474422272?s=21
    But I heard rumors that kp6 is already healthy but knicks told him to sit seasson out so they could tank. If that was the case I am not suprised about his request, also mavs know about his injury and they had their medic stuff check him night before trade when they played nyk.

15. Rah

Rah Order Member

That's mostly just media sensationalism. If you listen to the actual interview, a lot of the cherry picked quotes floating around make more sense. To me it seems like he's frustrated with the media always asking about where he's going. I'm still convinced he's staying in Boston.

16. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

I just said that nothing is for sure, few days ago I would call you crazy if you said that nyk would trade kristap. One year that butler or derozan would be traded. Two years thaht kawhii would be traded, or boston would trade thomas after his story with sister and playoffs and so on. Players should make their decisiom that why I understand AD right now and like Durant few years back, when organisation do some shit is okey but player is traitor or snake. I myself hope that Irving will come home and sign with nets or knicks.

Rah
  17. Rah

Rah Order Member

He's already home :)

But I get what you mean. Shit changes fast in the NBA. I think knicks end up with Kemba and Durant or Kemba and Boogie tbh.

18. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

God that would be so like the Knicks, just keep trading everything and end up with over priced mediocrity.

Rah
  19. Rah

Rah Order Member

At least they'd make the playoffs haha ...probably.

20. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Other players are looking at Boston as I am: Anthony Davis’s father to ESPN, “Boston I would never want my son to play for Boston after what they done to Isaiah Thomas. NO LOYALTY.”
    I am happy maybe boston fans will stop praising Danny Ainge so much and look at this other way, he is scumbag and I hope no free agent will sign there now.
    Other news what you thinking about Gobert and Draymond situation, I think Green should be fined - I like GSW but I hope they will get rid of him and no one signs him for his dreamed "max". That tweet and some responses (Igudala, IT) are fucking trash, I hope NBA will do something about this..