1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2018/2019 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Rah, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Rah

Rah Order Member

Eh I think it's pretty hypocritical of AD Sr to say that when Lebron pretty much scapegoated an injured IT out of Cleveland, not to mention the Lakers own history of treating players unfairly (Odom comes to mind).

Any GM would've made that trade. I love IT, he was an amazing Celtic and I hope he rebounds his career in Denver but the Celtics were never going to give him the max.

Honestly it smells like Klutch sports conspiracy to me. Which is hilarious considering the leaked trade offers the Lakers made for AD. They didn't even throw in Ingram into a deal yet.

The funny thing is that while I know AD in Boston would make us title contenders, I love Jaylen and Jayson too much that I'd rather we not trade them and just grow with those two. I just don't like the Lakers and Lebron acting like they can control the NBA by using the media to paint a certain narrative of a situation. I don't think the Pelicans ever trade AD to LA unless they get all 4 young Lakers prospects and 3+ first round picks and even then it doesn't happen til the summer.

2. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Heir DLP Supporter

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1091568224880201728

seems like a light offer

3. wox2d

wox2d Fourth Year

Lol I'm a Jazz fan and I love Gobert, but slapping a fine on someone for tweets is fucking weak. Players bantering is good.

Anyway, Gobert doesn't seem too chuffed up by it. See here

He also dropped 25/13 that night. And again, it's tweets. Why do you want the league to get involved in that?

4. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

I just hate draymond, maybe it’s harsh but they fined Gobert earlier in the season for the ref stuff, NBA is supposed to be open for fellings after k. Love and derozan pieces last year but they are making fun of this one. It just some players are privleged in this leauge look now AD got 50k and it’s okey he deserved it but why they didn’t fined Butler for all that minesota drama. Refs also have preferences and it’s bullshit. What I am getting at is that if they are making fun of Gobert they should also make fun of iverson for example, he cried too.

5. Demonbuttersage

Demonbuttersage Squib

You know as a Hornets fan I can't help but think how ironic it is that a hub for college basketball like North Carolina can't do anything with its professional franchise.

6. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

that much is clear..

To answer your other question though, people get fined when they break the rules. AD broke the rules when he publicly requested a trade = fine. Butler never publicly requested a trade so he didn't get fined.

Draymond obviously shouldn't be fined, he should just get shit from people for being a dick and that's it, just like anyone else would if they did something like that.

7. wox2d

wox2d Fourth Year

AD's camp publicly demanded a trade. That's against the rules. Jimmy's desire to be traded was leaked. He privately requested a trade in the offseason and the TWolves didn't do shit about it.

That's it. Break the rules=fines; be a drama queen or a dick=no fines. NBA shouldn't get involved beyond enforcing their own rules. Like Jwik said.

Related: The Jazz's GM came out and made this statement:

Which I think is hilariously weak. Makes the Jazz look like some church league team. Judging all-stars by their character is dumb, and some sort of independent committee is just way complicated for something that's inherently meaningless and more of a fan-service even than anything.

8. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Heir DLP Supporter

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019