1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey DLP authors, there's a bit less than a month left to wow us with your story about Daphne or Azkaban.

The Author applies the words to the paper or it gets the hose. Write or die! The more the merrier.

Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2018/2019 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Rah, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

I am lillard fanboy from now on , that shot was craaaaazzzyy, the guts to just shot fron 40 feet on last possesion. If portland play like that I think they should win with Denver/spurs in semis.

Rah
  2. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

I think I still favor Nuggets over Portland provided they can dispatch the Spurs. I expect Jokic to make Kanter unplayable with his versatile offense and if so, I see Portland having massive problems without a suitable center as Nurkic is injured. OKC didn't have that same as they don't really have a versatile offensive big on their roster to abuse the glaring flaws in Kanter's game.

But well, I would be happy either way, as I like these 2 teams more than the other remaining teams in the West.

3. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Heir DLP Supporter

Goddamn this Blazers-Nuggets series is going to be badass. Jokic and Dame are unconscious right now

4. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Yes and people forget about this series, the east and warriors-rockets(with refs and calls) are all the talk. McCollum needs to wake up if portland wants to win some games, lillard alone is not enough.

I am really disappointed in Bucks I hope they win tonight and keep the series going, the first game was very bad if you look at this, that they are first seed.

5. MonkeyEpoxy

Giannis is going to have to step-up to Hero-Tier for the Bucks to take this Celtics team (+/-, of course, isn't a be-all, end-all statistic and it's skewed by playing time... but your personal-team GOAT can't be playing a -24). Khris Middleton is gonna have to play better too.

Pat Connaughton on the second team not taking every fucking shot and missing them will help the Bucks...

6. Rah

Rah Order Member

What a weird game. Don’t think I’ve ever seen Kyrie not break 10 points in a playoff game.

Oh well Celtics did what they had to, hopefully they’ll play better at home.

Sey
  7. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

They'll definitely play better at home. I expect a big game from Kyrie after this stinker.

Rah, Sey
  8. Rah

Rah Order Member

That’s ok, I don't like basketball anyway.

Sey
  9. Sey

Sey Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The thing is, where do we go now? Kyrie's gone now. We don't have enough talent without him to do anything. We're fucked.

Need this Sac pick to be 2 or 3 or its over for this iteration of Celtic's basketball.

10. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Yay?

go lakers

11. Rah

Rah Order Member

Build around Smart and the two Jays, let them blossom hopefully into stars. Maybe Hayward comes back as his 2017/18 self after a full off season of recovery and strengthening. Honestly I could still see Kyrie signing back but who knows.

Long shot dream is resign Kyrie and trade Hayward for Durant (Durant has to want it). Never resign Rozier, let Morris walk. Draft young role players.

Who knows tbh, I don’t want AD tho. Feels like even more drama waiting to happen.

12. Sey

Sey Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Please this. Watching him play basketball pains me.

13. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

0:3 for Boston from when P. Pierce told on ESPN that series is done and Celtics have it in the bag, etc :) I liked him when he played but on television he is a joke, first the Wade comments now this, I won't comment on I.Thomas video even. He is so not objective, he shouldn't be on national TV.

14. MonkeyEpoxy

So about this. Gloops
    --- Post automerged ---
    Is this the worst basketball Steph Curry has ever played in his life? Is he hurt?

15. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

If I remember correctly, he has a dislocated finger in his shooting hand. Must affect him a bit. Still playing way below his high standards overall though.

16. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

If someone doesn’t know about game of zones I recommend to catch it up, but if someone watches it check the newest episode it’s super lit one of the best after some mediocre last ones.
    Link:
    About other topic with KD injury it’s the best chance for rockets to win the series and maybe even the title. Also both other series going for 7 games, this year playoffs are one of the most entertaining one with a lot of stories, drama and even matches and surprises because maybe the old saying that you play 82 games and warriors win the title won’t happen this year.

EDIT:
    And it's over, Dubs shows that they can win without KD, Curry and Klay shows that they are two splash brother and they won title, 73 games and conference final(1-3 never forget) and lost nba final (3-1 never forget). It's somehow makes me happy, it shows if KD leaves offseason they are still favorites/one of the candidate to win whole thing. Also can't wait for Sunday two games 7 baby - game 7 baby :)

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  17. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

Well that Kawhi buzzer-beater was a very fitting ending to the Raptors-Sixers series. Kawhi absolutely carried the Raptors in that series. Rest of that team really didn't deserve to win, but well, having a top 3 player in your team really makes it all easier.

18. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Yet both game 7 where interesting and kawhaii was monster as was cj and joker in other one. The buzzer beater was epic especially this bounces had me on the edge of my seat. Both teams where criticezed for choking in the polayoffs yet somehow this season they did not choke. Conferences finals look nice whatever will happen we will have curry in the final, we just have to see if this is seth or steph.

19. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Knicks fans in shambles today. Pelicans got really lucky though, good for them

20. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

It was fixed, league is giving pelicans no 1 pick because AD is leaving - it's funny how Zion is furious that he has to go to pelicans - team that had 7 years to make a team around AD and didn't now will be try the same with him (few years of carrier wasted), Knicks probably would be the same as is a another organization that is trash, I was hoping for Hawks and duo Zion - Young. AD will leave them anyway I think. Team that tanked mid season - after AD trade request and didn't play their star to tank more and so he won't get injured and his value lowers, is awarded no 1 pick....