1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey DLP authors, there's a bit less than a month left to wow us with your story about Daphne or Azkaban.

The Author applies the words to the paper or it gets the hose. Write or die! The more the merrier.

Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2018/2019 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Rah, Oct 20, 2018.

1. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

...Why in the world would the NBA fix it for the Pelicans? That makes no sense.

2. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

It’s more that I am frustrated with zion going to pelicans instead of my knicks. There were some controversy draft lottieres this century so maybe that why I said rigged. Pelicans now have two 1 in 10 years players, AD was called that and compared to Duncan and now Zion the same. Lakers somehow even with worse odds picked number 4 pick. I hope for trade lakers pelicans AD for kuzma, ingram, ball and no 4 pick?

3. Rah

Rah Order Member

The only thing that made the Lakers and Knicks jumping into the top 4 ok for me was watching them get 4th and 3rd respectively as their dream of Zion slipped away.

Ja on the Grizzlies within Conley will be fun!

4. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Knicks had the worst record so they did not jump anything, lakers, grizzlies and pelicans did. They had 2%, 6% and 6% for number 1 pick. Grizzlies max 4 years and they will move to Seattle, then I can be their fan, so you want for small market teams to have big stars from draft - it's sound more that you hate knicks and lakers(you are boston fan so I understand that) than you like this small market teams, but it would be better for NBA if zion was in big market like Knicks - more money for the league = more money for the teams.

5. Rah

Rah Order Member

The knicks and lakers will always have their fan bases, Zion (or other stars) going to a small market team is good thing for the league because it makes them and the league more competitive. Zion already has a giant following, and I kinda hope they keep market we can see Jrue AD Zion for a bit.

Yes I don’t like the lakers or knicks lol, they’re horribly run franchises that I hope never recover (Kyrie don’t leave me <3 ). I do like the clippers and nets tho :)

Dream scenario for this offseason for me is Boston trading Hayward and some picks to GS for Durant, resign Kyrie, bring back Al on a 3 year 60 mil deal, and watch as my favorite player (Jaylen Brown) continues to thrive.

6. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Ad1. Pelicans had AD for 7 years, they had CP3 for 6 years - they didn't help with fanbase in New Orleans, zion also won't in my opinion. They have saints and football in New Orleans and it's more popular nothing will make Basketball more popular than football not even Lebron James. AD already told that this doesn't change anything and he still wants to be traded.
    Ad2.
    Yes Knicks are run horribly and fans suffer because of it(we have james dolan), so with your argument knicks are run horribly so they don't deserve anything ever to maybe somehow make it around?
    Ad3.
    Sorry to break it to you nothing of this makes sense and won't happen (maybe J. Brown) especially the first one. Maybe you will get AD as there are rumours that Pelicans just hate Lakers so much they won't trade with them. If you do your favourite player could potentially be on Pelicans(at least not in Cobb county jail xD) next year with Zion so good for you :)

Rah
  7. Rah

Rah Order Member

Lol yea but I feel like Zion is way more charismatic than AD and will give NOLA a bigger following. They apparently got 3000 season tickets sold the day after the lotto.

I feel bad for knicks fans, Dolan should sell. Still don’t want them to be good tho.

Ugh I’m kinda not into AD anymore, even though he is a top 5 players and would be great on the Celtics. I’d rather be a worse team with the Jays than trade one or both of them for AD (not to mention the trade would probably require Smart or Horford to be involved :( )

8. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Heir DLP Supporter

The Blazers were up 73-59 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd.

They got outscored 51-26 over the final 20 minutes.

9. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Steph just shows that he was 2 time mvp and 2 times in final before KD. It shows fans of GSW that it will be okay even if KD leaves in free agency. I like this brother vs brother duels :) Apparently Lillard have been playing with separated ribs, so that could be answer for his poor performance. I am so hyped for Bucks in finals with GSW :) We will see raptors are not done yet for sure, blazers kinda are.

10. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Am I crazy to think that Raptors might not only have a chance this series, but are actually (slight) favorites going into it tomorrow?

Obviously this is only without Durant, but Raptors defensively match up really well against the Warriors, no obvious weak links to exploit. This Warriors team also went down >15 points in 3/4 games against the Blazers, who are nowhere near as good.

Of course, I'm not counting the warriors out, I wouldn't be surprised if they won. It's just the way you hear people talking about this series you would think Raptors are major underdogs. I think it's going to be a great series though, especially if Durant can't actually make it back at any point in the Finals.

11. Wizard Giller

Wizard Giller Seventh Year

I think it comes down to how well the Raptors can deal with the high screen and roll with Curry and whoever has the Toronto big man that they want to target. In my opinion the Raptors should have Gasol/Ibaka/whoever is big guard Klay Thompson because he's probably the worst combination of screener/passer out of the other warriors while Curry has the ball. Also while Klay can drive it isn't his strong suit. If the warriors run the Curry/Draymond high pick and roll and Draymond's defender is slowpoke Gasol the Raptors will get roasted.

If the Raptors can solve that well I think they should win most of the games where Durant is out. The Warrior's defense in my opinion matches up really well with the Raptors attack. Iguodala and Klay Thompson will probably have the primary defensive assignment on Kawhi Leonard and Green will double a lot. I think Leonard will score a lot but I also think most of his shots will be hard. In the end I think the Curry/Draymond high pick and roll will be the difference maker and the Warriors will win. If I was making odds I'd say 65% chance Warriors win.

12. Rah

Rah Order Member

KD didn’t deserve this, fuck the warriors

13. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Why fuck the warriors? Did you see Bob Myers conference ? https://streamable.com/9li6q
    He was cleared he wanted to come back it was unfortunate and it wasn't old injury but a new one. The man is devastated and KD is also but he tells that he is still with the team and cheering them on(insta story).
    Fuck you can say to the raptors fans absolutely disgraceful, they don't deserve shit. Cheering for injury - the one in arena the one outside there are multiply videos of fans in pubs etc cheering for it. What about videos of raptors fans sucker punching warriors fan on the streets of Toronto ?
    Seriously I hope Kawhai will leave this fans are disgraceful - oh yes they seen how it looks after multiply raptors players told them to shut the fuck down, and they tried to turn it around with KD chant but they showed their true colors.

What is your narrative now about Kyrie? You Boston fans(i.e. Bill Simmons and his non stop erection about anything Boston related) mostly want him gone now but just few months ago when I quoted some article about him leaving you were the one talking about how Boston is his true home and how it's all bullshit and you were prizing him. I am curious if you were KD hater but now when he is injured you sympathize with him.

14. Rah

Rah Order Member

I still want Kyrie back. I still feel like the majority of the stuff he said is being taken out of context by the media and took a life of his own. I don't like Bill Simmons lol (tho i do listen to the ringer podcasts).

KD made his own choice to play and I respect that. No one forced him to play. But the media talk around the warriors and what happened the past year (Draymond "We don't need you anyway" a few months ago) did impact him coming back and the narrative around him. Remember after the WCF when people were talking mad shit about not needing KD? Also fuck the warriors. BTW there is no way that his calf injury did not play a part in his Achilles injury. KD deserves better than the fair weather GS fans. Raptors fans also suck. Booing injuries is messed up. Still hope the Raptors win but I hope it happens in game 6 because those fans don't deserve a win at home in game 7.

Also Fuck the warriors, and the knicks and lakers and the 76ers while I'm at it. It's sports dude, you don't need to have a well thought out reason for not liking a team.

15. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

You have right to your opinion about teams I didn't question it, I though you wrote something like "KD didn’t deserve this, fuck the warriors"
    in a sense fuck organization for forcing him to play even though he was injured - and it's not correct multiply doctors cleared him and he made a decision himself in the end. Are you medical sports doctor ? There was not official statement that injury play part it in ? Maybe wait for some concrete info and do not say your opinions as a matter of fact. Draymond talking shit is normal and I think KD knows him better and his opinion it didn't look like that in for example Clippers game, but media picked this story, especially after WCF sweep, that "Warriors don't need KD" as it sells, it makes views on site etc. Media =! truth.

Every sport journalist are reporting about Kyrie and Nets even Knicks, but good luck in keeping him when all locker room/media/most of fans want him gone. I also listen to Bill Simons, and I know that in the 80% of his podcast stuff it's good discussion, but when it comes to celtics his
    impartial journalism ends, and it looks similar in your case that's good you are not national media journalist.

I will end with fuck to Celtics - Oh good they are so good they win so many championship playing versus amateurs in 8 teams league. I can count 3 Bird's Chamionship and one in 08 rest doesn't mean anything :)

16. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Well played raptors, you deserved it no matter how many people tell you that you didn't. I am sympathizing with Klay, but that's basketball for you there are always some injuries it's no nbk 2k when you can turn injuries off. See you in a week after DRAFT.
    [​IMG]

17. Nevermind

Nevermind High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Congratulations to the Raptors, they are the deserving NBA champions. Admittedly not a sentence I thought I’d write, but here we are.

I do have to agree with Hinch, though – their champagne spraying technique left something to be desired…

https://twitter.com/hinchtown/status/1139654631947198464?s=21

18. funkytoad

funkytoad Fourth Year

Oh man.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/14/toronto-raptors-masai-ujiri-nba-finals-police-altercation

There's a bunch of videos from different angles of the "altercation", and they all look like the cop instigated the whole thing.

19. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Yes even the warriors fans are supporting Ujiri, from video I have seen it looks like the racist attack by the cop.

20. Rah

Rah Order Member

AD to LA!

Thank god, I am here for the Smart and Jays Celtics! Pls don’t resign Rozier Danny