1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Need help remembering a hp/lotr fic

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Harbinger2010, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Harbinger2010

Harbinger2010 Muggle

I have been trying to track down a specific fic for over a week and it's driving me INSANE. I remember that in the fic, Harry like sealed himself up in his manor after the war and no one saw him for a long time, then Dumbledore, Hermione, Ron, and the fellowship manage to be allowed to see him. One key point is that for the first like half of the fic Harry doesn't speak at all (I think because he hasn't done it in so long?) and he later is like a demon prince or something? Oh, and it's a harry/legolas fic and legolas is like harry's soulmate or something. Anyone know this fic? I'm losing my mind trying to find it >_< thanks

2. Foxy Foxy

Foxy Foxy Third Year

Oh god. There's so much concentrated fail in this... Please keep losing your mind, then, right before you lose motor-functions, log out.

Really though, that has got to be the most innapropriate story-search for this forum, ever. Like, EVAR. Incase you haven't noticed, we're not really into slash here.

Anyways, if you edit real fast and apologize, make an apprpriate intro, and never speak of this again, it might not do too much damage.

So, um, that's my advice, I hope you take it.

3. Harbinger2010

Harbinger2010 Muggle

For apparently having offended your delicate sensibilities, I apologize ever so profusely. It was not my intent to offend, but rather to enlist others' aid in tracking down a story. I have used this forum dozens of times to find and read really quite wonderful stories, and am myself enthralled by the ideas of dark Harry's, independent Harry's, and the like. The focus of the story in question is on Harry and his role as a dark creature and demon (hence another reason why I thought of and subsequently utilized this forum to search for it), and the slash element is quite played down from what I remember, and thus would prove inconsequentially disagreeable to those who are disinterested by such stories.
    I would, however, note that, given that you are apparently SO offended by my simple inquiry, it makes little sense for you to have wasted both our times with such an infantile and indelicate outburst. If you find yourself lacking the desire to assist me, then by all means, be on your merry way, and we will both be the happier for it. I feel disinclined, however, to "apologize" for a simple question, and similarly disinclined to apologize for having made use of a public forum to pose the question, and thus shall not do so. I will, on the other hand, thank you for this delightful insight into the dubious mentality of what I can only hope is a small minority of those who utilize this forum.

4. Foxy Foxy

Foxy Foxy Third Year

Ouch man, ouch.

I wasn't offended, so don't make yourself seem so important. While this is a public forum, and it is a source of good stories, it doesn't endorse most of what you said.

If you'd given more information, than I would not have replied as I did. As it stands, the only info I know about this story is that it's Harry/Legolas (down-played of course), they're soulmates (once again, downplayed, I'm sure), and it has DemonPrince!Harry. Oh, and it's a LotR crossover.

From the description given, I gleaned it was a poorly-done fic with steamy creature Harry/Legolas, most-likely written by a 13 year-old girl.

You did not mention the slash was a minority, and you did not mention which sort of demon Harry was.

I suppose I was a bit on the pissy side, but this is not the right place to search for Demon!Harry slash.

And, you will quickly find this is not a delicate place. I am once again going to implore upon you to create an introduction; and use the enter key to seperate your paragraphs.

Google it or search AdultFanfiction.net, you'll find it eventually. Have a nice day.

EDIT: That's all I'm askin'.

EDIT #2: Ouch Elli, that hurts. And I was already done Portus, so I apologize.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  5. Harbinger2010

Harbinger2010 Muggle

Fair enough, I was a tad pissy as well. Stressful day combined with inability to find a single story is rather agitating.

I apologize for the lack of detailed information, but it has been a LONG time since I read the story, and thus there is little of it that I recall. And perhaps I did indeed choose an incorrect source of information for my search, but I have tapped out Google and other fiction sites and was growing a tad desperate.

I will bear in mind your suggestions for future posts and apologize for having been a bit of an a** in my last response.

6. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Never read it, sorry.

7. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Of the 3 people in this thread so far, Anya is the only one I like.

Also, don't expect anyone to know a slash fic here, we kinda built this forum on our hatred of slash.

8. Anya

I don't really like fictional relationships that are built on the fact that the other is their soulmate.

No imagination at all. I'd even call it cheating.

Also, I had the impression that male elves have no interest in the human population romantically at all.

Am I wrong?

9. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

I think you're looking for fictionally.

10. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I think I read this actually. Harry was like nine years old though. :|

11. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ....Oz? A Harry/Legolas soul bond fic... really?

12. Portus

Portus Heir

Oz, Anya and Ellisande ruined what could have been a good cripple-fight or bitch-fight. Thanks a fuckin' lot.

13. Anya

No problem. I'm proud. :)

14. oephyx

oephyx Headmaster DLP Supporter

I pick Oz. Will you be my soulmate, Ozzywobbles?

All of Foxy's hopes have been cruelly crushed. You're so mean, Elli.

Only cool people read hp/lotr slash crossovers.

This thread is now officially gay, if there was any doubt :/

15. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

16. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

It seems you like berating people for their wrong use of the forums. If I recall correctly, your own beginnings were quite piteous -- and they're a bit too recent for you to start giving lessons, as well.

So please. Stop it.

17. Foxy Foxy

Foxy Foxy Third Year

I berate people so they don't get bashed to hell like I did. If you'll recall, all of my "beratings" ended with a bit of advice. I don't have short-term memory loss Tinn, I realize I was an idiot.

I'll be happy to stop it, if that's what is wanted of me, but I'm trying to help out people that make mistakes on this forum by pointing them out to them. It may come off as hypocritical, but it hopefully gets the point across.

But since it's frowned upon by her highness I'll leave it alone.

18. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

Fine, since I haven't been clear enough the first time around: shut the fuck up.

You annoy me. You annoy the newbs. You annoy everyone with two working braincells and a functional thymus. Neither you nor anyone will ever make me buy that saying "there's so much concentrated fail in this", "you have an IQ slightly above that of the average shovel" or whatever verbal diarrhea fills your posts lately, is just 'making sure they don't make the same mistakes as I did.'

Hey pal, guess what: if you were so heavily traumatised by your own starts, the way to save the poor young newbs from big mean old DLPers isn't to emulate the worst among aforementioned big-mean-old-DLPers. Even if it's only in the first half of your post.

You want a piece of friendly advice, from an old member (me) to a poor newb (you) who's about to get eaten by the pack of wolves? What you're doing, right now: it's called mini-modding. It is a mistake. It will get you bitten if I don't take a Valium soon.

19. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Of the x people in this thread so far I like Tinn's posting the most... <3

And wut? We don't know slash? Did you never read this classic?

@ OP: lol. I see why you can't find this particular story. There simply are way too many Harry/Legolas fics out there...

And, of course...

20. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

There's so much concentrated fail in this I don't even.

No, no, it's not just frowned upon by her highness. The wanna-be'ish, trying-to-hard-to-be-hard attitude is repulsive to any non-n00b.

This is not nearly the first time someone has had to tell you to get a grip of how things go on this forum. Shut up, sit back, lurk, and come out only when you can offer something intelligent.

Though I have little expectation of an improvement since you're baiting a mod. Especially one who is known for her even-keel attitude towards things, exception being worshiping Lily.