1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

News (that doesn't deserve its own thread)

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Taure, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Proving once again that box office tallies don't correlate at all with quality.

2. Silirt

Silirt Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

In this case it's probably just inflation, yes, but it wasn't bad.

3. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    In fact, I think that when you factor in inflation (however slight) and the fact that TDK held out for more than a decade, it speaks to the quality of TDK and the lack of quality of DCEU. Marvel has been spitting out billion dollar grossers for years. As good as some MCU movies are, I don't think any of them reach the quality of TDK, it's just on another level, and yet they've had no trouble raking in the cash. Meanwhile, DC has been mostly shit since the Nolan trilogy.

I am very amused when I read comments how Wonder Woman and Aquaman signal a swift resurgence for DCEU. MCU has put out a few stinkers (Hulk, first two Thor movies, and I personally found Black Panther to be nothing special) but Justice League and Suicide Squad are next level bad.

4. ScottPress

High Score:
    Today TVP (Poland's state TV) doxxed 8 people (private citizens, not public figures) who have been protesting outside the TVP building.

This whole thing revolves around an incident that involved a female TVP journalist being harrassed outside the building. Protesters surrounded her car and there was the usual retardation, insults, screaming, blocking the car. Eventually police stepped in and the journalist drove away.

While I find the incident unnecessary and repulsive (because I generally find getting in someone's face and blocking their car like that repulsive), I find it frankly terrifying that TVP is doxxing citizens for involvement in this. If police investigate and find something to charge them with, fine, but state TV doing this shit when no prosecution is taking place is straight up 1984 Big Brother shit.

I am at a loss for words at what is happening in this country. They're milking this protest and the incident with the journalist for all it's worth.

5. Solfege

Solfege Headmaster DLP Supporter

6. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
  7. Solfege

Solfege Headmaster DLP Supporter

8. ScottPress

High Score:
    Bruno Ganz, the actor who played Hitler in Downfall (2004), died of cancer today.

9. funkytoad

funkytoad Fourth Year

10. ScottPress

High Score:
    That whole thing smelled of a hoax from the start. Two random gaybashers watched the show? They happened to be carrying a noose or rope to make one? Jussie was still wearing the noose when cops showed up?

"Mexico will pay for the Wall" was more credible.