1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey DLP authors, there's a bit less than a month left to wow us with your story about Daphne or Azkaban.

The Author applies the words to the paper or it gets the hose. Write or die! The more the merrier.

Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

News (that doesn't deserve its own thread)

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Taure, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Nevermind

Nevermind Professor

High Score:
    In news that certainly does not deserve its own thread, but makes my heart soar with joy like few other news stories could manage these days, IndyCar driver Robert Wickens will be at the season opener at St Pete next weekend. I had the great pleasure of meeting him a couple of times when he was still with Mercedes in DTM, and I‘ve been a huge supporter of his for almost a decade now.

As for why this little bit of news makes me so happy? You may or may not remember coverage of a horrible accident at Pocono last year that left Wickens with heavy injuries, among them a spinal cord injury that led to him becoming a paraplegic. It was headline news in Germany actually, and that only happens to IndyCar (or any other racing series other than F1) when something very unusual or serious has happened. Anyways, he‘s been battling on the road to recovery since then, and right now, he can walk with assistance and stand up on his own for short periods of time. Seeing his progress and the support he he has received from all around the motorsport community, but also outside of this relatively small subset of the global population has been nothing short of inspirational, and I find myself thinking of him at least once on most days. St Pete will be his first public appearance other than his team’s season launch (which was mostly a press event), so this news does make for a bit of a milestone.

And now I better press the post button before this gets even longer.

2. point09micron

point09micron Seventh Year

Against, in my opinion. It would be like hiring someone named John Q. Microsoft to run Sony.

3. Nazgus

Nazgus Chief Warlock

Ummm... What? Bowser is a Nintendo character. He may be a bad guy, but he's one of the most recognizable characters they have.

4. Innomine

Innomine Death Eater Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I started listening to this in podcast form over the last year. It’s actually really quite good if you want some low attention span required entertainment. If you want to check it out, I highly recommend starting with campaign 2. Campaign 1 is rather daunting...

They also voice video games. Laura Bailey = Jaina Proudmore.

5. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Campaign 1 also starts with their characters well established to one another and it takes a while before they get into the groove. Overall, I'd suggest everyone and anyone check out Critical Role, but definitely start with campaign 2.

6. Arthellion

Arthellion The Chosen One

High Score:
    They hit five million and, instead of just an animated special, are turning it into an actual animated series.

7. Zeelthor

I really, really am looking forward to and dreading this. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be awesome and if it is that'll be a huge thing... But if it sucks it'll be such a bummer.

8. Arthellion

High Score:
    Have four days off class this week, so probably gonna binge season 2.

Gotta say they "nat20ed" this kickstarter. Let's hope they roll well for actual production.

9. Zeelthor

Do let us know how you find it! :D

10. Sorrows

Sorrows Order Member Prestige DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
  11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As an emotionally stunted manchild I agree with his assessment.

12. Arthellion

High Score:
    On one hand...the dude hyper-exaggerates to the point of being a turd...on the other hand, I don't necessarily disagree with his assessment. I wouldn't take it as far as he did, but obsessing over Harry Potter at this point does show a lack of growth imo.

I'd like to point to exhibit A: Dark Lord Potter.

For all that the name of this forum hearkens back to HP, there is far more that goes on in other sections of the Forum than the Harry potter ones. Has DLP moved on from Harry Potter? Not competely and it shouldn't...but there is an aspect of growth that has happened as DLP has become a more mature community.

Anyways, the guy is a jerk and a turd, but his argument has some merits.

13. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

If I give up on Harry Potter then I have nothing to talk to the Tinder thots about

Edit: just want to say you're a shithead creep arthellion

14. vlad

vlad Banned Prestige

High Score:
    I'd be a bit of a strop too if I saw myself as the next Pulitzer winner writing about poverty in the Congo or amputees in Afghanistan and then I graduate and I'm forced to work at a glorified uni paper and my boss walks in and I pitch my story for a blistering piece on the fascist influence inherent in table linens in developing countries and the boss goes...

"U wot m8? Table that bollocks and see what ya can scrap up about Harry Potter fans twenty years on, yeh?"

15. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He spelled Azkaban with an 's'. Also, he can go fuck himself.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm sorry....what?

16. Agayek

Agayek Fourth Champion DLP Supporter

Having not read the article, but just glancing through it and noting the (many) pictures of the same woman in Harry-Potter-related moments, I've gotta ask:

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the author had a nasty breakup with that chick and this article is his passive-aggressive way to snipe at her?

17. vlad

vlad Banned Prestige

High Score:
    That would be a bitch thing to do, but less of a bitch thing than singling out a Harry Potter fan at random to write a newspaper article mocking.

18. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Heir DLP Supporter

19. Arthellion

High Score:
  20. Nevermind

Nevermind Professor

High Score: