1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Not so original story idea, might be tl;dr

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by justbrowsing, Jan 4, 2010.

1. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

Hey all, I just came up with a story idea to write for my next semester at college. It is bound to be somewhat boring and give me a lot of free time and I always have wanted to improve my writing skills. This will be my first attempt so it will suck. Naturally I won't attempt to waste everyone's time and try to post the shit here so this is more for help on the outline and plot and all that. Any ideas, suggestions, constructive criticism, would be very helpful.

It is set on Earth in a real world type setting except it gets into fantasy very quickly. The history starts at the beginning of the universe. The big bang or whatever it was that spawned everything was really the explosion of an all-powerful force. The force is made up of creation and destruction, the opposing powers. This force spawned many different forms of life, the most powerful being the divine race. The demons were spawned from the evil side of the all powerful force while angels were spawned from the holy side of the force.

The Angels are kind of like the council of Titans in the Warcraft history, with Yahweh as their leader. He is the most powerful of the Divine Race but he is not all-powerful like he is in the Bible. His general is Lucifer of course and Lucifer is kind of like the Sargaeras of the group. He leads the armies of the angels to destroy demons and imprison them and all that. Lucifer is eventually corrupted by the evil side of the all powerful force. Yahweh decides to create an inferior race of beings, humans, that will have free will and all that crap but not as powerful as the divine race. They have the potential for greatness though.

This creation gets fucked up because Lucifer betrays the angels. A fight breaks out on Earth and 7 Angels are killed, and 6 corrupted Angels (Fallen Angels I guess) are killed as well. This explosion of angelic power interferes with creation and makes humans capable of evil as well as good and gives mortals great potential. Angels can only use angelic divine power (soulfire type business) while Demons can only use unholy evil power (hellfire type business). Mortal's can't use these powers yet though, they just have the potential for both.

The power of the dead angels continues to exist in the world. Lucifer becomes extremely powerful because of the dark force and becomes Yahweh's equal. He creates the armies of hell by recruiting the demons he had previously been the enemy of. Burning legion stuff. They battle and it is so fierce that it tears existence and the two become trapped in a pocket dimension, forced to battle until they are released. Both forces, good and evil, retreat to their respective domains. Heaven and Hell are just different planes than Earth, dead people do not go to either one. When anything dies, mortal or not, it generally becomes one with the all powerful force.

Yahweh is able to unleash part of his power to impregnate Mary and birth Jesus. Lucifer does the same to another woman in order to create Damien. Jesus becomes very powerful because of his mortal status and power of Yahweh. He becomes extremely powerful angelic power user. We will call it soulfire to be easy (thanks dresden). Damien is his equal but in hellfire. Damien attempts a demonic ritual that would turn the mortal population into demons that could aid hell in the war and destroy the angels and Yahweh. Jesus and Damien battle and Jesus wins but must sacrifice himself to stop the ritual from being completed. So even in fantasy land Jesus sacrifices himself to save humanity from evil. Awesome. This sacrifice along with the death of Damien combines with the lingering angelic power from the beginning of human creation. The power becomes volatile and at the turn of the millennium, the year 2000, the power enters millions of people to find hosts and they all die except for 15 people.

This is when the story actually starts. All that other crap is backstory and history and plot setting and whatever else. 13 of the people who live contain the powers of those 7 angels and 6 fallen angels that were killed. The other two are the main characters. The story mostly focuses on the main character, name starts with a J, we can call him Jason. The other most prominent character is his best friend since childhood, we will call him Drake. J and D. Yep. Jason gets the powers of Jesus, which is a huge potential in wielding soulfire, while Drake gets Damiens, which is the opposite. Obviously nobody knows at all a fuck about anything that went on. The world is in complete confusion and chaos because of what happened.

The first arc, book, would follow Jason and Drake as they learn to control their powers. Basic direction of the story would be they start to learn to control it, escape from governments and agencies that want to kill them, then find the order of Jesus. These are the true followers of Jesus who don't know everything but they know about the battle between Jesus and Damien and have been preparing for the end of days battle between the two forces. They indoctrinate Jason and Drake and the order starts to recruit the mortals with angelic power. Meanwhile naturally there is the opposite order of Damien. They are trying to recruit the mortals with the fallen angels power. Jason and Drake travel the world, fighting those trying to kill/capture them, fighting the evil order, and recruiting. Both orders learn of the location of 'arc of covenant' type thing that contains the secret of how to reach the pocket dimension and release Yahweh and Lucifer from their 2000 year battle.

Final battle between the orders takes place over the book. The leaders of each order have the sacred weapons of Jesus and Damien. The leader of the order of Damien kills the Jesus order leader. Jason and Drake team together in order to defeat the evil leader and they do. Jason takes the weapon of Jesus while Drake takes Damiens. The weapon of Damien appeals to Drake and finally corrupts him. Drake had been becoming more and more destructive and corrupt as the story went on. Drake betrays the order, steals the book, and retreats with the rest of the evil order. Jason is devastated but takes lead of the good order and both sides retreat to lick their wounds and prepare.

Second story would be about Jason trying to stop Drake from finding Lucifer and Yahweh and helping Lucifer to defeat Yahweh. Without him, the angelic side of creation would be defeated by the demonic side of destruction. Jason knows that there is still good in Drake and he is still a mortal and hasn't completely given in to evil. Luke skywalker/Darth Vader stuff. As i said, not too original. Drake goes all over the world stealing specific divine artifacts necessary for the ritual. As the story goes on, both Jason and Drake learn to control their powers even better.

The progression would be like Shezza's denarian Harry. They would be strong compared to other mortals in the first book but not on par with the divine forces. The second book would mark them becoming even more powerful and getting on par with the divine forces. The third book would have them become masters of their power and rise to become more powerful than any other being, save Yahweh and Lucifer.

Anyways, the two orders, which contain the remaining divine mortals, battle and attempt to stop Drake. Final battle at end where Drake unleashes Lucifer and Yahweh. Both Yahweh and Lucifer are relatively weak from their eternal battle. Jason prevents the death of Yahweh and forces Jason and Lucifer to retreat. Jason leaves with Yahweh to being preparing for the final battle between Heaven and Hell.

In the third story, Jason is being trained in Soulfire by the Arch Angel Michael while Drake is being trained by Baal, the general of hell. The mortals become the focal point of the battle and whoever controls the mortals will win the fight. Jason and Drake go back to Earth and attempt to raise mortal armies of light and dark. Mortals are forced to choose a side and the final battle eventually occurs. The armies of heaven fight the armies of hell while the mortal army that supports the angels and creation battle the mortal army that supports hell. 2v2 battle happens with Yahweh fighting Lucifer and Jason fighting Drake. After epic fight, Lucifer kills Yahweh but is severely weakened. He is still powerful in his own right though. He becomes even weaker after he unleashes enough power to reactivate the ritual to turn all of humanity into demons and once and for all destroy creation. Drake redeems himself though and is reminded that he is mortal. Jason and Drake team up once more and battle Lucifer. Lucifer is defeated but the ritual is still going on. Drake had been extremely wounded and sacrifices himself, just as Jesus had, to stop the transformation.

Heaven defeats hell and mortals go back to their lives in a post apocalyptic world. Yahweh, Lucifer, and Drake are dead, leaving Jason as the most powerful being, though still mortal. Jason becomes the guardian of humanity and the divine forces go back to their respective planes. Pretty much settled except there is always a chance of future threats, and Jason will not live forever.

Took a long ass time to write all that so hopefully someone gets back to me. I know it might be retarded and lame and whatever else. I need help making more details and structure and all that good stuff. Things like naming the orders and making better names than Jason and Drake and things like that. Also the role of the other 13 would be important but they aren't main characters. This will be my first attempt at writing and while the story will suck, hopefully I get better and my next stories might be readable. Thanks.