1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice

Okay! New thread.

Discussion in 'Introduction Archives [Closed]' started by athousandyears, Feb 10, 2009.

1. athousandyears

athousandyears First Year

So, here is my official introduction thread.

I'm female (yes, Jolly Rancher, what the hell is that all about?) and I live in New York. I've been reading FF for a few years now, but only recently started to write. My username on fanfiction.net is a-thousand-years and I just started a new story.

Yeah so anyway, I enjoy reading time travel fics, mostly the kind where Harry goes back and fixes his timeline. And I like stories where Harry joins Voldemort. I dislike any pairings with Ginny... and I dislike reading anything about the Marauders or Harry going back to meet them.

Is that a good enough intro? I don't know.

2. Mechanicalchrist

Mechanicalchrist Groundskeeper

The truth hurts.

3. Sophie

Sophie Denarii Host

Hey there,

Do you have any favourite stories? Or authors?

About being female... well, I'm a girl, too. The majority of users on this board are men. As you can see in many places here, e.g. the menarebetterthanwomen.com thread, the guysapparently like to make fun of the girls for being girls. Don't let that deter you, though. When they realise that besides being a girl you're also a person, they'll treat you like one.

Prepare for the insults that will be coming your way.

Oh, and have fun.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  4. athousandyears

Ha! Yes, I gathered that much after seeing his icon and signature...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I don't have a list handy ATM but here's a story I grabbed from my alert list. It's rather humorous, and a time travel fic. I don't know if you were looking for a more serious fic... in that case, maybe you won't find this so funny.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4536005/1/Oh_God_Not_Again

5. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't know about you...

Also, Sophie's a guy too. I don't know what he's trying to pull... Just don't accept any of his PM's asking you for pictures.

Other than your posting your intro into someone else's intro, I've yet to see anything wrong with you...

Post well, and you should do fine here...

Welcome. I see Barry is also in here right now, he might throw the smackdown on you, just ignore him. He's not called Huggy Bear for nothing.

6. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    It's not that we like like to make fun of women for being women, it's that we like to make fun of stupid ones. The problem is, there are so very few non-stupid ones, Tinn and Shezza being the only ones off the top of my head.

@OP: Like I said in the other thread, I don't hate you per se, just have a very intense dislike of you, Tits and you are redeemed. You only get a welcome if tits are posted.

7. Sophie

Sophie Denarii Host

You've discovered my secret!

Ah well, now that you know, would you mind sending some pictures? I'm already looking forward to fapping over your girlie curves.

XD

8. Innomine

Innomine Auror Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sree(Jolly Rancher) is the only person you really have to fear, as a female. Most of the others who hate on females are completely powerless wannabes.

Welcome, athousandyears.

Edit: Zombie, I don't hate on the females, most of the time. :p I figure other people here do that enough.

9. Narf

Narf Administrator Admin DLP Supporter

That's a good enough intro.

Welcome to DLP, I hope you enjoy it. :)

10. Innomine

Innomine Auror Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Who are you, and what have you done with Sree? :/

11. World

World Oberstgruppenführer Moderator DLP Supporter

Watch out, it's a decoy!

Also, welcome.

12. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Schrodinger returned the favour and hax0red Sree's account.

Don't feel so special. We also like to make fun of Jews being Jews and Niggers being gay. Or something.

Feel free to join in active discussions on the boards, 1000yrs. Welcome.

13. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

@OP: Don't know how you managed to read the thread about Jolly Sree's bitch hate, yet miss the sticky about proper intros, and still wonder how well your stacks up...

I've read the story you linked, actually; started it a few days ago. Cheesy as shit but...I dunno, it's a fun read.

Welcome to DLP.

14. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

The story was kind of meh, but there were some lulzy parts.

OP: Welcome.

inb4titsorgtfo...

Also, don't make the mistake that some of the womenzfolk did and think that posting a pic in the PYP thread will get the guys in irc to STOP bothering you...

15. athousandyears

Haha! Jolly Rancher, that was an unexpectedly nice reply. I thought for sure you'd say something else. But thank you (and everyone else) anyway. And yeah, after browsing around more I'm definitely getting the male-dominated feeling. Not a problem, not a problem.

I think that may be precisely the reason why some women are hated on... I would never do that.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  16. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Supreme Mugwump

Greetings. Don't piss off Jolly Rancher. I have no business posting here. I hope you have fun here at DLP.

17. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Welcome, we aren't really as bad as you think we are. Still, occasional insults, mainly based on gender/race/religion may fly your way; just take them with a grain of salt.

Enjoy your stay here, and please, post the stories you think worthy of the library. Good fics are rare, and any decent contributions you make will make some people happy. Be sure to check out the 'Other Fandoms' section, too.

Edit: And watch out for Sree; it seems as if he's donned sheep's clothing, at least for now.

18. Narf

Narf Administrator Admin DLP Supporter

Why would you expect me to be anything but courteous?

19. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Supreme Mugwump

Err... prior experience. Lets leave it at that.

20. Sophie

Sophie Denarii Host

Hated? No, not hated. :)

Nobody hates anybody for being a girl. They just like to make fun of it.

The story you recommended had a few lulzy moments, by the way.