1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oldish Independent!Harry

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Alexeyy, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Alexeyy

Alexeyy Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Ok, that's what I can remember:

Harry is in the middle of a fight somewhere (inside his vault?). He is loosing. Then, he picks up something (a stone? a ring?), but it turns out to be a container for an imprisoned soul of an ancient (Shumerian?) dark wizard. So, he picks it up, and the dark wizard possesses Harry for a short time and (kills everyone?). They're now two wizards in the same body, and (Harry wants to help the dark wizard to make a body for himself?)

God knows how I could even remember that much, it just came up when I was trying to remember fictions with Harry sharing his body with somebody.

P.S. Oh, and I think the dark wizard lived in a secret magical tower, and maybe Harry had also built one for himself. And together they fought with a Morgana-like dark witch. Though I may confuse that last bit from somewhere else.

2. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

3. Alexeyy

Yeah, it is the one. Thanks, I spent hours trying to find it.

4. Alexeyy

I have another request. An oldish Dark!Harry story. Again, Harry is possessed by an ancient dark wizard. They talk in his head, and Harry agrees to make him a new body, and in exchange he wants to become his apprentice. The dark wizard agrees and tells Harry what to do. First, he picks a location, secures it with magic, and builds a house there. Then, he starts learning shit. The two of them control Harry's body by turns. While Harry studies, the dark wizard runs about and does... whatever dark wizards normally do. At last, the wizard's new body is ready, and they part ways. Harry goes to a new term at Hogwarts, and the dark wizard goes on his own way, imparting on Harry that he will be checking his progress periodically. One day, when Harry is sitting in a lecture, the dark wizard is shot to death by a Muggle in America. He is pulled back to Harry's head again, and he is angry. He possesses Harry and goes back to the place where he was killed, kills the Muggle, and returns to England, but not before being spotted by a few American Aurors. Dumbledore gets wind of that and wants to know whatever Harry was doing running in America and killing Muggles.

Cannot remember much beside that. I think Harry made an exact replica of his own body, well, cloned himself, so when his old body is destroyed, he will have a spare body, and, well, no die. I think it was written before the concept of Horcruxes was introduced.

This is crazy, I'm not even sure if it's a real story or a figment of my imagination, I have been searching for it in my local archive for the past few days.

5. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I have a feeling that's one of The Caitiff's fics.

6. Alexeyy

Yup. Ha-ha! Hurray! It's The-Caitiff's "Harry Potter and the Master of Past and Present". Thank-you, oh Crazy1

7. Juggler

Juggler Death Eater DLP Supporter

Link? It sounds good.

8. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Link

I'm super fast, it's not my fault. :awesome

9. Alexeyy

10. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

I remember that one. Raistlin Majere went around greasing a lot of people.

11. Alexeyy

Actually, I just found that the fiction is a cross over with Dragonlance. I have little idea what Dragonlance is. Wikipoedia says that is has something to do with Dungeons & Dragons RPG, of which I've heard of, and that there're books on Dragonlance and a movie animation. I got interested and downloaded the movie; laughably, the experience was akin to watching somebody play an RPG game on a PC: crappy graphics, lame dialogues, the heroes have quests to perform, and gain experience while killing progressively more dangerous critters. Now I'm trying to find books on it, but have had little luck so far. I don't even know if I should bother? Are they any good?

12. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Well, it depends on which books you're after. However, I have to say that the Drizzt Do`Urden book series is a great one. I've read a few of them myself. It pretty much goes along with Drizzt's life as a Dark Elf (they live underground and see with Infrared Vision mostly), but Drizzt has purple colored eyes, and is later able to go out into the sunlight.

The book has a lot of fighting and a nice plot. I recommend the Drizzt series. Although the books do not follow the D&D rules per say, they just take the elements from D&D and put them into the books. IE: Spells, swords, characters, etc. So you don't have to read a D&D narrator type book. It's basically just like any other book.

13. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

The original Dragonlance Trilogy (Winter, Spring and Summer) are not that bad. Definitely worth reading, but pick them up from a library or something. Im pretty sure though that the stories started out as a chronicle of a group of player's DnD experiences and became an actual novel and what not, so the beginning should be taken lightly. Still, very worth reading.

14. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Seconded. I read the first 9 books [3 trilogies], and it was very good. The first book is the best though, and can be read alone, so if you find it meh-ish, don't bother with the rest.