1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Once, Upon a Time in Hollywood

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by DarthBill, Aug 16, 2019.

1. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I just saw this, today. I won't spoil it for anyone, but it was both a very Tarantino film, but also a little different than what I expected.

There was a lot of talk and dialogue, but actually very little violence.

On the other hand, there was a scene where I was thinking "Why is she putting her bare feet on his windshield?" and later, "who puts their dirty bare feet up on the seat in front of them at the movie theater?" but then, both times, I remembered that it was a Tarantino movie.

What did you guys think?

2. douter

douter Sixth Year

High Score:
    Just got back from watching it, and overall I enjoyed it. Pitt and DiCaprio are fantastic with great back and forth, Margot Robbie is fine even though shes not barely in it.

Everything looks and sounds good, the flashback scenes are really well done. But there is not much plot wise, its a very meta movie.

Tarantino's foot fetish is really in your face in, thats for sure.

Its not his best movie, but I still enjoyed it.

3. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I'm going to the cinema today, but I'm already disappointed that the wiki ending turned out to be fake.

EDIT:
    This film should probably be 30 minutes shorter and more focused, especially at the beginning. The wiki ending, the one with Bruce Lee involved in the final fight, would be better in my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  4. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I enjoyed it more than I thought I was going to, given the mixed reviews and my own hit and miss responses to his other films (that I've seen). That said, while Robbie did some good work with a barely sketched out role, and the finale was (mostly) great, I'd have been quite content to cut more or less that entire strand out and just have the film solely about Rick and Cliff - and I don't think it would have made for a substantially different film.

And yes, Quentin, you like feet. We know.