1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

OOTP (Movie) Trailer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BioPlague, Apr 22, 2007.

1. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    This looks like a really good trailer. Better then what I thought, but there was a lot of parts that were pretty stupid.

3. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Looks fairly good, some bits I just went WTF at, like Harry seeing Voldemort in a suit, and them all flying on brooms.

What's the exact release date again?

4. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

I'm not exactly on best terms with the movies, heh. Thus far they have been poorly though-out, poorly directed and poorly executed by many of the younger actors (read: Radcliffe can't act for shit).

The trailer is alright, I suppose. They've focussed on the Decrees and it looks like there's going to be a DA but tbh, this is the weakest of the 6 books so there isn't much going for the movie. And the flying along the Thames is mind-numbingly stupid unless there's an excellent explanation.

Wait a minute...is that a comb-over?

5. BioPlague

I liked the Voldemort in a suit part. The flying on brooms may just be to get rid of thestrals and discussion of them? Or to make the trip to the Ministry district which isn't really that cool in the books, somewhat more exciting.

I like Dolores. And I like Black. Dunno about Potter. Didn't like Granger's comment at the end.

6. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

What's with Dumbledore saying "Don't fight him, you can't win" to Harry? Did that happen in the book?

Anyway, it's pretty much ooc and stupid for him to say it.

7. BioPlague

Maybe he implies love will defeat him -- the lines can be changed so long as the same themes are implied. And that fighting him ala GoF will result in getting ass-raped.

8. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

The preview has rased my hopes for the film. The main problem that the first 4 had was that they tried to copy the book to the letter plot wise, with ignoring the settings, costumes, and such. It looks like this film will be losely based on book six. The plot will be a little different, but the characters will have the same names. I'm okay with that. That thrills me actually.

Bio: There show thestrals several times in the preview.

9. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Looks nice enough. I never liked that they made the movies so childish... in Germany the first three movies had a rating of 6 (years old and above). The second thing I never liked was, that they made certain scenes less impressive than they could have been (like the third task in GOF). With a budget of 150 million dollar they could have certainly made much more out of many settings.

The scene where they fly with brooms through London is apparently the flight to Grimmauld Place at the beginning. (It's entertainment, so it has to look cool, right?)

Spoilers:

- The subplot with Rita and the interview just doesn't happen in the movie.

- Cho tells Umbridge about the DA and this is the reason for the breakup between her and Harry.

- None of the kids get hurt in the battle at the MoM. WTF?

You can read the reviews here.

10. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harrypotterandtheorderofthephoenix/

this one, while not as long, actually had me scared of the death eaters, and really bring to life the whole 'how can i win' mentality that Harry normally exhibits, while at the same time trying anyways. My respect for his character just went up.

And while many parts of the movie will not be correct, I find myself looking forward to it.

11. cmuylistoooo

cmuylistoooo Fourth Year

It seems like they are making the ministry more of a bad guy then voldemort.

The trailer felt like a lighter version of 1984.

12. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Cmuy, I think it came off that way because well... Voldemort doesnt really show up until the end. Book 5 is mainly the struggle between Harry/Dumbledore against the Ministry.

13. Wasteland

Wasteland Second Year

The release date of the movie is suppose to be July 17.

http://au.movies.ign.com/objects/040/040689.html

Looks good though, might actually be half decent. Still trying to work out WTF is the deal with Voldemort in a suit.

14. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I liked voldemort in the suit... it was so freakishly off with him standing in a crowd (by what I assume is the hogwarts express) that I couldn't help but be creaped out.

Its like seeing that guy from Texas chainsaw massacre, with a bloody chainsaw, in a leisure suit, standing in the produce isle at a grocery store... its so wrong, that it works.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  15. HomicidalPsychoJungleCat

HomicidalPsychoJungleCat Fifth Year

The trailer looks good, and definitely I think that it looks like this movie will be different from the others in terms of atmosphere.

From the scenes (Hogwarts ones excluded), everything seems darker than the other movies, and the atmosphere a lot tenser.

Loved the "you will lose everything" line at the end with Voldemort.

16. Murton

Murton DJ OEM DLP Supporter

I thought they were canning the Twins leaving hogwarts?

Makes it look like Harry's making his own milisha which looks cool with the DA, yet we all know the trailer looks better than the actual movie. They are going to be skipping huge scenes in order to fit withint he time constraints, like they did with GoF. I'll go watch it, but 'm not having any expectations of it being any good.

17. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

It looks alright. I do wonder how much better the film might be, nd the others in the past, if Radcliffe could act. Its painful to watch him

18. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

Seriously? That's pretty messed up. What an unnecessary way to screw with a character and a plot.

I hated the beginning of both trailers. The second felt like they were about to introduce a superman movie and the first seemed to be really un-HP-like.

I actually really like the Voldemort in a suit, but I am assuming it was a dream of some sort.

The second trailer made Snape look like a good/sympathatic guy which always raises my hackles a bit and does Harry say "belleriumus" cause that's really what it sounds like...

Oh! and there is something really wrong (an unnecessary) about having Dumbledore call Voldemort the "Dark Lord." He doesn't do that in the book does he? Or has it just been that long since I read it?

19. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

I quite liked the trailers, but I've hated every movie so far. GoF was the best and it sucked balls. On one hand it captured the feel of the books pretty nicely, but on the other hand it is retconning alot of good canon to achieve that.

Canon or not, I enjoyed seeing Volde in a suit. It adds to that "there are things going on which can't be explained" vibe. Why is he there? Can everyone else see him? If so why is there not a mass panic? If not, why is Harry special?

Emma Watson seriously needs to drop out of playing Hermione. "It's rather fun to break the rules" What The Fuck was that? I agree with Ron on this one "Who are you and what have you done with Hermione?"

Helena Bontham Carter will be excellent as Bella.

I'm not exactly hoping for much from the movie, but I will be seeing it. I'll probably end up DL'ing it, fuck warner brothers

20. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

Dumbledore was talking about Harry fighting Umbridge. If you listen closely, he actually says "Don't fight her, you can't win."

I do agree with you though, no way Dumbledore would tell Harry not to fight, especially when it's his school, where hes been working for like 50 years, being taken over by a Ministry puppet.

As for Cho squealing on the DA, what a load of sweaty monkey balls. There better be a damn good (read:believable) reason for her to do it. I'm not so much pissed off at the way they are fucking around with everything as much as I am at the laziness of the directors. It happens in every single movie. They cut out characters, scenes, and plot devices that would have taken like 2 or 3 days extra to shoot. They have a huge budget and tons of old sets and costumes from the previous 4 movies, it's not like their strapped for time and money.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007