1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Order of the Pheonix for Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Azrael83, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Azrael83

Azrael83 Second Year

All right its that time is any body gonna go and get this or what I'm a gamer and a fan so I'm gonna try it.

New Screens here

2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Harry has blue fucking eyes. They didn't even try.

3. Azrael83

Azrael83 Second Year

really I didnt see that

4. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Yeah. If you look close, it's blue. They based it way too much off the movie, which is already bad.

5. raja

raja Fourth Year

Yeah both Harry and Ron look pretty bad. The game just doesn;t look that good altogether though...

6. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

I really don't understand why they make useless games like this.

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The game looks crap. The graphics are crap. Harry is crap. And I'll bet you fifty pounds that the gameplay is just as crap as the first three games (I've never played GoF).

Personally, I want to see a HP game on the Wii :D. Could actually use the control like a wand that way. Either that or an rpg based on the HP universe, possibly during the Grindelwald era or during the first Voldemort War.

Aekiel

EDIT: Just remembered, this belongs in the Real Life Section under video games discussion.

8. C.S.Kaniel

C.S.Kaniel Fourth Year

Eh. All things considered, the graphics are in-freaking-credible. They just LOOK really bad because they modeled all the characters after the movie actors, and didn't bother reading the damn book for character descriptions so they wouldn't have to use the awesome power that is innovation and creativity.

Not that that'll make me want to buy it. I stopped playing after the PoA game came out.

Like Aekiel said, the game play in all of them is crap. I may be being a bit harsh, but excuse me, when there's four games and you see a total of about what, 3 new spells through the whole series? Ooh, watch out, you can now cast stupefy.

But, on a positive note, I MIGHT rent it or get it off Half.com a month after it comes out for about 3 dollars. Why, you ask? Because from the screens, it looks like we might actually get to DUEL duel. No more Sword of Gryphindor shooting DBZ blasts of energy, no more shooting spells at evil book cases, no more dueling Malfoy and his goons with Firecrackers(FIRECRACKERS! What the HELL were they thinking?), but actual fighting. Truly, it makes one want to weep in joy.

Hey, I might even get it just to see Hermione get blasted and Ron flailing around with a killer brain on his face.

9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Harry looks like the people from Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth... And they're ugly as sin... Really.
    Take a look. He's one of the better looking ones.

Aekiel

10. deathtehfluffybunny

deathtehfluffybunny Fourth Year

Are you sure that's Harry, with the gray eyes it could be a Harry/Malfoy Mpreg baby.

11. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I've done tons of shit to my 360.

Flashed the drive's firmware, downloaded *backed up* nearly every game, modded the fan, changed the case, fashion a wireless adapter out of parts...

But I would never, ever, hurt my baby with this thing. Ever. It's just too far.

12. Azrael83

Azrael83 Second Year

Thats wrong on sooooo many levels!

13. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

I have never been a fan of the games and this one looks like it will be just as bad if not worse as the rest. It really irk's me when bloody companys give us shite to work with just because they know that they dont need to put work into it. For example all the Harry Potter games will sell millions of copy's world wide just because of the popularity of the books and films, so they wont bother making it a good game. They will just think 'whats the point, its going to sell anyway' and move onto another game that will have to be good to sell any.

14. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

That's the point. I stopped halfway through the first game, never tried the rest. That are games for eight year old kiddies, neither worth the money nor the time I would spend on it.

With the amount of copies they will sell they would have been able to produce a range of games per film, matching different age- / interest-groups. It's not only a problem of the games but of all Potter merchandise. It's uninspired and boring. Only the vibrating broomstick was worth a laugh.

Nobody inside the merchandising industry seemed to realise the wide range of people interested in HP. All they did was serving the fangirls. Even with the broom, though unintentionally.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  15. C.S.Kaniel

C.S.Kaniel Fourth Year

Mmm, Remember what I said about everything about the graphics looking good?

Yeah, I'm now retracting that statement. I must have skimmed them or something, 'cuz I just saw full size image of that duel scene on Destroctoid and Harry's big ass lips visible from even a mildly blurry shot made me cringe and lol at the same time.

Edit: I also just noticed that the hair has an almost cardboardish texture in every scene. Makes me roll my eyes in pain because we had realistic looking hair that moved with wind currents, what, two years ago? Are they even trying?

I still hold hope, though. Not much, but some. I guess I just can't possibly believe that the game looks worse than the movie.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  16. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I beg to differ. Both my kids put the games down and went back to playing Splinter Cell and Def Jam Fight for NY. SO maybe they're for 3 yrs or younger, heh