1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

Paid Online Communities Research at Michigan State University

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by BITLab, Jul 14, 2017.

1. BITLab

BITLab Muggle

High Score:
    Hello all!

I am a researcher at the Behavior, Information, and Technology Lab at Michigan State University.

Until July 28th, the BITLab is offering $20 (US) to any online community members who are interested in being interviewed by phone or Zoom audio conference for approximately one hour.

More information about our work can be found at:
    https://bitlab.cas.msu.edu/communities/interviews.html.

WHAT TO EXPECT:
    First, you will first take a screening survey to make sure that you fit the needs of the study. Next, you will participate in an hour-long interview, either by phone or Zoom audio conference, about the community that you are a part of.

If you are interested, click here to sign up:
    https://msu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3UYW4yeB2yMuFlb.

With your assistance, we can get a better understanding of how to better design, maintain, and manage online communities. You will also be paid $20 (USD) for your time.

If you have any questions or comments, please email us at: ocinterviews@bitlab.cas.msu.edu

- Julie from the BITLab

2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw System God Admin

I have approved this post.

3. methor

methor Fourth Year

I participated. It was great, they paid me $20 to spend an hour talking about fanfiction.

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I did the same thing, though it was more about DLP than the fanfiction side of things. Man, we've had a lot of interesting stuff happen over the years.

5. BITLab

BITLab Muggle

High Score:
    Thank you all for your interest and involvement in our study. All of the time slots are currently full, but we appreciate all of the support and enthusiasm DLP has brought to our research!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Which parts did you end up talking about? I can think of several events that'd take up more than an hours worth of time going over the minutia, rofl.

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Can't remember specifics, but it was just the big events and about the culture around those times. I think Vash was mentioned once, the various IRL relationships that have sprung up from DLP and the time when you guys consciously changed DLP to be more inclusive. You know, the major things that changed the forum.

I didn't go into too much detail because, well, I don't remember most of it, but it was fun nonetheless.