We are aware of the issues; we'ṙ̴̨͔͙̗͖̦̳͊̀̉̑̊͜͝e̴̛̻͓̣̊̐͋̋͊͋͘ ̵̡̳͚͎̘̙̟̌̑̽̇̍̓͘̚͘i̶̢͙̬̍̏́́̍͌ṇ̵͈̋̕͘̕v̸̪̭̰̈e̶̢͗͊̂͘ş̷̯̰̔̒͆ṫ̶̨̠̓̾͗̒͛͝ͅi̵̡̨̦͈̭͚̖̋͗́̄̓̂̚͘͠ͅg̷̢̱̘̃ǎ̴̡̗̟̥̥͈̮́́́͐͜͜t̷̼̠͚̲̐̒̂͌̃͠i̵̞͕̖̬͎͙̖͐̚ṇ̵͈̣̟̈̇͗g̷̩̳̟̬̟̻͇̘̏̃̀.̷̡̭̌͑́̈́͊̇̈́́͝

1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Peace Talks Release Date

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by LittleChicago, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Celestin

Celestin The Cursed Child

I suppose unlike other authors he decided that if he can't finish one book, he may as well start writing the next one. But it's only possible if you have a detailed plan for the whole series.

2. Raiko

Raiko Seventh Year DLP Supporter

From one of the beta readers over on the Dresden Files subreddit:

"Jim set out writing 1 book. It got quite large, and he came to recognize that there were 2 plot arcs in a book twice the size of most DF books. So he split it up, edited the 2 arcs so they stood better alone, and now we have 2 stories back to back with their own books.

The trailer should give you a good grasp of the main plot arc of the first, and the name of the 2nd...

Sigh, I’ve been sitting on this info for over 5 months. Finally getting to discuss it, I’m afraid I may be saying too much... so I’ll stop there."

The description for Battle Ground:

THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET SERIOUS FOR HARRY DRESDEN, CHICAGO’S ONLY PROFESSIONAL WIZARD, in the next entry in the #1 New York Times bestselling Dresden Files.

Harry has faced terrible odds before. He has a long history of fighting enemies above his weight class. The Red Court of vampires. The fallen angels of the Order of the Blackened Denarius. The Outsiders.

But this time it’s different. A being more powerful and dangerous on an order of magnitude beyond what the world has seen in a millennium is coming. And she’s bringing an army. The Last Titan has declared war on the city of Chicago, and has come to subjugate humanity, obliterating any who stand in her way.

Harry’s mission is simple but impossible: Save the city by killing a Titan. And the attempt will change Harry’s life, Chicago, and the mortal world forever.

3. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Now hold up.

What's this Titan shit about? It sounds cool and I'm excited for it but at this stage in the series do we need another enemy?

4. Tylendel

Tylendel Seventh Year

We are slowly reaching the big bad epic apocalyptic trilogy. We definitely need more enemy.

5. Raiko

Raiko Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Oh come on, it's a Harry Dresden book.

Just look at @Todeswind 's stories. He wouldn't be Harry Dresden if he didn't piss off some new monster every year/book.

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You say that, but we've had new enemies introduced in almost every book, up to and including the latest one.

Chances are the Titan will be the big and stupid threat while the real enemy is the one pulling its strings.

7. Seratin

High Score:
    Also is that Harry screwing Lara Raith in that trailer while Murphy sits on the sofa moping?

That's it, @Jon has killed Jim Butcher and is writing fanfiction.

8. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

I'm pretty sure she's sitting on the sofa with a dremel eying her cast like it sold secrets to Wikileaks.

Are we seriously just going to gloss over the shot of Dresden and Marcone getting dressed together?

9. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter

Hol up

There must be new material since I last checked my good sir. I shall go and read.

edit - I still don’t see this anywhere unless it’s that video instead of text to read. Only thing I found to read in the thread was the excerpt from a while ago with Thomas and Harry running etc.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  10. LittleChicago

Yes, it was a shot in the video. A very, very, confusing shot.

11. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter

Ah, thanks - I don't usually stream random videos from my phone given that I'm data-capped at 8 GB and my connection at home is too slow to be reliable unless I *really* wanna watch something.

12. LittleChicago

Sharing 4 GB with my wife - on a Canadian data plan - I sympathise. The trailer is 2:18, including the reveal of the title for Book 17 (Battle Ground) and the stinger with Harry mumbling the Spider-Man theme song while hanging upside down; the Q & A video they did right after is an hour.

13. Seratin

High Score:
    I feel like Dresden and Marcone getting dressed was the setup for a scene during the actual peace talks.

It also reeks of Butcher knowing that the fangirls will be creaming. He knows what sells and he knows Dresden/Marcone is buttermilk to the hordes of fans who also ship Snarry and Dean/Sam.

14. Innomine

Innomine Chief Warlock ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The trailer was actually pretty sweet. The casting was decent. I kinda wish we had that as a tv series now.

15. Lindsey

Lindsey Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I'm thinking these two books might give us a TV show. I'm pretty sure we would have had another one had the gap between books not been so long.

Also, Q/A so far:

Well.... shit.

Who is gonna die and what powerup is Dresden gonna get?

Edit: Especially as this mini-story is after Battle Grounds apparently.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  16. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

This is really awesome and it’s fucking with my sleeping schedule big time.

17. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

18. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Two books in a single year? Wow. That's a delight I haven't seen from Butcher since he was working on Codex Alera.

Hoping for Murphy to die!

19. Todeswind

Todeswind Groundskeeper

I feel obligated to ask why?

20. Seratin

High Score:
    Doesn't matter, Murphy is based on his ex wife. She's getting killed off soon. Also she's bound to be touching 50 soon, right?