1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Perception by Lady Salazar - K+

Discussion in 'Romance' started by Hadoren, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

Title: Perception
    Author: Lady Salazar
    Rating: K+
    Genre: General
    DLP Category: Romance
    Pairing: HP/LE (kind of; read the story to see why)
    Words: 1,036
    Published: December 29, 2006

Summary: Voldemort is dead. James Potter killed him. But Voldemort killed James, and Harry fulfilled the Prophecy. Confused? Well, it’s all in perception anyway. HPLEP, sort of HPGW and JPLEP. Oneshot, short.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3315171/1/

What if Lily Evans looked exactly like Ginny Weasley? Searching through Lady Salazar's fics, I came upon this short, nice one-shot (takes 2 minutes to read). A haunting twist of the saying, "Potters always love redheads."

Edit: Rating: 4.25/5

Checked by Minion, Nov. 17, 2012
    Checked by Sorrows : 03/08/2019

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2019
  2. TripticWriter

TripticWriter Groundskeeper

Well i liked it, it's not an original idea but the execution was refreshing. Only problem with her fic it's that it's way too short. If you look at her other stories you will found the same problem.

I give it a 4/5

3. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

due to its originality i will give it a 3.5/5

4. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    Very, very interesting. And very unique, I rather like it. 4/5 from me. I especially like how she twisted two cliches at once to do this, time travel and the 'Potters love redheads' thing.

5. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

Short and disturbing as hell. I don't think I will ever be able to look at H/G without this popping into mind... A bit on the short side, but the psychology in it sends a screwdriver through your brain. Harry and Lily both are entirely too fucked up in the head, but yet are pratically Canon in their actions. Take that, Ginslut fans!

Deeply disturbing twist.

4/5

6. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

Trippyish, but not most trippy hp fanfiction, it's not even really a logic tickler, but 3/5 for the effort.

7. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

This did nothing for me. A few grammar errors and typoes, but I never care much about those. Short little drabble that just raises the idea of Harry going back in time and replacing his dad. Not enough happens to care about any of these people and really reading the summary is as interesting and thought-provoking as reading the fic.

There's nothing wrong with this, but not enough for me to recommend others to read it.

2/5 for simply pointlessness in spite of acceptable grammar and style.

8. Agravaine

Agravaine Seventh Year

A half-hearted peak into a twisted affair, misplaced in this section and also the library. Prose, passable, peppered with personification by capitalization and purple idioms for passing (away), and not skilled enough to have substance in brevity. Of merit, this glimpse of character—Lily "forsaking logic" with acceptance of magic. But written to shock, and shock in this fandom is spit on the groinsaw of HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, and slain.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  9. Kairos123

Kairos123 Squib

High Score:
    An interesting view into a truly twisted affair between 'James' and 'Ginny'. I wouldn't give it any awards, but for a story slightly over a thousand words, it kept my interest well enough. I would note that there are some grammatical errors and it's written more for shock and awe than plot and substance.

3/5 Passable. Not something I would recommend unless you need something to pass the time.