1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

Personality Types

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Pasta Sentient, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Last time I was ISTP, but I agree with Taure. I also highly dislike squeezing non-abstract things into abstract categories (and I certainly wouldn't organise my life around it). Also, that "enneagram" thing which apparently is "a profound and powerful guide to understanding your personality and inner workings" is ridiculous. I constantly want to check both boxes. What does that tell me, then?

2. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

That tests with Yes/No/Maybe questions can be inaccurate and that in no way should you 'box' yourself into a category of person based on some non-scientific test?

Personality tests are there to give you a vague idea of what you probably are, but like all things in psychoanalysis, it's mostly guesswork.

3. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Personality tests are less effective for those who are not very self aware or know themselves well. They require you to be able to answer accurately questions about yourself.

I've found having another person you are close too taking the test as if they are you is quite effective.

4. cmatbmed

cmatbmed Squib DLP Supporter

INTJ and a 9.
    Have not taken the MB in years, always thought they were bunk. But I guess that is what an INTJ would say. Never taken an enneagram before. My guess is that is bunk also.

5. theronin

theronin Order Member

I got INTP on the shorter test and ISTP on the longer one. I don't know much about these tests, but I know psychiatrists tend to use the TCI, which is supposed to be much more comprehensive (and useful presumably). I'm told it's something like 2000 questions long.

6. Marcurius

Marcurius Squib

ISFJ
    1w2 or 2w1
    Capricorn

I don't think the enneagram tests are that accurate for me though

7. Lesath

Lesath Second Year

High Score:
    Well, I have INTP (INTJ by other test, but P fits better), 5w4 and my Zodiac is Lion.
    It's kind of scary what enneagram suggests about my personality type - it puts me as half-mad for most of time.

8. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    This enneagram thing says I'm type 6 - a security seeker. If this is supposed to mean that I like my comforts and avoid taking risks, then yeah, I'd say that's accurate enough, though the test was weird.

9. Carolbells

Carolbells Squib

High Score:
    I have always gotten INTJ and found it to be pretty accurate. I tend to try not to fit myself into the mold, however, since these personality tests tend to be one dimensional.

10. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter

The Warning Label Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type Should Come With

So, for me, with 50/50 results of INTP vs INFP...

INTP: May fact check literally everything you say and catch you in any attempt at a lie or exaggeration.

INFP: May be ten hundred thousand times more twisted and deranged in their thinking than their innocent demeanor would lead you to believe.

...okay, yeah, not bad. Not bad at all.

11. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

ISTP: May flake off on a solo adventure for weeks at a time without making any contact to loved ones or the outside world.

Hahahaha, yes. I never got why people call each other all the time if they don't actually have to say anything besides "hello, I'm fine" (and doing that for 20 minutes) XD

You should be concerned if I do contact you. Last month, it was to announce a broken leg -- after hiking solo through the mountains.

12. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh really. :sherlock:

13. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

INFJ: May be using their warm, cheerful persona to mask a cold and calculating interior.

*points at signature*.

Paging @Palindrome and Anarchy...

14. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

INTJ: May lead you into various conversational traps through which you have no choice but to admit that your logic is flawed.

ENTJ: May completely rearrange your habits, routines and long-term plans as they see fit and them and then make you think it was your idea.

On second thought, these may fit better than I previously believed...

15. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

ENTP: May delve deeply and intensely into your psyche, make you question everything you thought you knew about yourself and then completely disappear without notice.

INTP: May fact check literally everything you say and catch you in any attempt at a lie or exaggeration.

*snorts*

That isn't wrong, actually.

16. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I took a look around at work, to see if I could locate the results of the Belbin test I took.

Plant 0%
    Resource Investigator 10%
    Co-ordinator 13%
    Shaper 18%
    Monitor Evaluator 13%
    Teamworker 19%
    Implementer 20%
    Completer Finisher 7%

Most folk on the team were getting 60-70% in one personality type, and I got that rather broad spread.

17. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter

I just took a similar (cheapo version) test online for "Team Roles." I got an even more ridiculous spread than you did, with the percentages being:
    17 / 17 / 14 / 11 / 11 / 8 / 8 / 8 / 6

It did give me a note though that I clearly preferred individual work over team work. If you're the same way then maybe that's why the 'teamwork' test is giving us weird spreads.

18. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box Prestige

High Score:
    Well, if by 'solo adventure' you mean 'stay in my house watching Netflix and pretending to write', then this is spot on.

19. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

ISTJ: May accidentally make you feel like shit about yourself because they basically lack moral vices of any kind.

This fits so much, it hurts. :|

20. Lesath

Lesath Second Year

High Score:
    I would like to make TCI, but I seems hard to find. :( Nevermind - things on this site are interesting even without test. Making a distinction between temperament and character sounds like good idea as this excuses tendencies that seem to run in families.

Personal hell fit better in my case, because it's something that I fear in every day life:
    INTJ – Every time you open your mouth to say something intelligent, something entirely idiotic comes out instead.