1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

Personality Types

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Pasta Sentient, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

ENTJ- Somebody is wrong and they're directing a large group of people. You can't do anything about it and have to obey whatever ineffectual policies they decide to implement.

2. kumakt

kumakt Squib

Briggs- INTJ
    Ennegram- 6w5
    Zodiac- Pisces

Nothing really surprising here except for the introversion. I don't consider myself particularly introverted. I'm very perfectionistic and I like to keep my emotions under wraps.

Apparently type-6 on the ennegram are very insecure for no real reason. Wing 5 is thoughtful and withdrawn. I've taken the Briggs before and gotten ENTJ. I guess I changed?

These tests are very reliable anyway.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter

Hrmmm...

INFP – Your deepest thoughts and feelings are exposed to a large audience and everyone thinks that you’re pathetic and unoriginal.

INTP – You are eternally condemned to researching an extremely vapid topic using wildly inaccurate methods, mostly involving interviewing people who have no idea what they’re talking about.

I dunno, kinda sorta maybe? I can't really see myself caring too much what a large audience (of strangers?) think about my deepest feelings. As for INTP, well, that would really suck. Really suck a lot. But there's also far worse things.

Still interesting though!

4. M.L.

M.L. Seventh Year

ENTP/INTP on the MBTI, they both fit me well and the difference on the long test is less than a percent. I'm sociable when I'm around others, but I don't go seeking them out. Otherwise, I'm mostly content with my own ideas. I care less about what others think than I probably should, and I delight in poking holes into their arguments.

The enneagrams seems like bull to me, but I got a 7 with 5 and 8 as possibilities. All three make sense to me, 5 less than the others.

Horoscopes of full of shit. I'm an Aquarius, I guess that means I carry water around?

5. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

With horoscopes, I'm very skeptical...but would love to see the rationale for/against.

6. aleph

aleph First Year

High Score:
    I/E NTJ here, depending on my frame of mind when taking the test.

I can't help but feel that there's a fair amount of self selection in any test like this, since it's pretty easy to tell which answers will result in a given classification. It's kind of difficult to take the test in such a way as to reveal your real personality, rather than the personality you find most appealing.

7. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Well, there is if you let it. If you answer nonsense, nonsense is what you'll get. I found the longer, serious tests (not something a teenager cobbled together on an afternoon) reasonable enough, and I had no problems answering honestly. Then again, perhaps that is my unbearably logical and objective ISTP-ness speaking :p

I knew myself so well that nothing the test revealed was a surprise, other than perhaps the fact that it fit as well as it did.

Also, given the underlying structure of the MBTI, using the 8 functions, the premise is that everyone has exactly one type, because exchanging one letter already creates a completely different set of functions, in your case Ti-Ne-Si-Fe or Te-Ni-Se-Fi.

Whether or not that is a reasonable premise is a different point, of course; for me, despite being nearly 50/50 on one letter, it was quite clear which type I actually was, at least.

8. irrelevance

irrelevance First Year

The rationale against is very simple. There is absolutely no evidence that the time of the year that a person is born has any significant effect on a person's personality.

The claim that it does is so absurd it would require extensive evidence. It has none at all therefore I can safely carry on assuming it is bullshit just as I assume any other extraordinary claim with absolutely no evidence is bullshit.

9. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So this last weekend I indulged in my curiosity and re-sat the Belbin and Myers-Briggs tests. My results have apparently changed a bit in the last 2 and a bit years.

For the MB I'm not ESTJ any more. The test is now saying ENTJ, with me being very borderline on T and F (2% difference), and fairly borderline on S and N (20% difference). From reading about the ENTJ and ENFJ types, I'd agree that I match them quite well.

For the Belbin my new results are:

Plant 3%
    Resource Investigator 16%
    Co-ordinator 10%
    Shaper 23%
    Monitor Evaluator 13%
    Teamworker 0%
    Implementer 23%
    Completer Finisher 13%

So really quite a distinct change!

10. FruitBatOB

FruitBatOB Squib

High Score:
    ENTP, Libra, Writer and advocate so the characteristic of "debater" fits me down to a T.

11. Marblegiraffe

Marblegiraffe Squib

High Score:
    INFJ, 2 with possible 6 or 5, and a Leo

The first fits me perfectly, the second I don't care much for as a system, and the third is just for fun when I happen across horoscopes. I try not to take personality tests too seriously but I enjoy reading about it.

12. Myrrdin Emrys

Myrrdin Emrys Disappeared

High Score:
    INTJ, the "System Builder".
    Enneagram: 5, the "Thinker".
    Zodiac sign: Virgo
    This was pretty much true. I tend to be intro-verted but not too much, I like to think rather than feel etc. etc.

13. ThatGreekLady

ThatGreekLady Third Year

High Score:
    INTP here ^^

14. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Seems like I'm the first ENFP. Also, I'm a 7 and then a 2 and a 8. So basically very romantic. Not untrue, I guess.

15. Alpaca Queen

Alpaca Queen Fourth Year

I am an INTP, which is sensible because I am a man of SCIENCE!!!

...And my sign is Scorpio, I guess, but horoscopes are unscientific so it doesn't really matter.

16. Thechumpiest

Thechumpiest Squib

High Score:
    I'm on the border between INFJ and INTJ. The I, N, and J are 5/5 on the submeasures

17. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter

I enjoyed taking this one, and it was quite accurate for me:
    https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

IN-P as always. I took it twice and 'T/F' (INTP or INFP) I got T one time and F one time. In both cases the splits were 51% & 49%. So, as always, I am borderline there. Personally I think I lean more towards "T" in how I look at life, and the "F" comes from having an overactive imagination more than anything.

Adds a fifth area for "identity" to the test for confidence, more or less. In their words: This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.

18. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Lol. 95% Thinking, 5% Feeling. I dunno if I was being dramatic, or the test is XD
    Also 94% assertive in their 5th category, but I suspected as much. Otherwise ISTP as always.

CheddarTrek: Well, there's a debate to be had about how scientific this all is, but ISTP traits are pretty distinctive. For me, despite my almost 50/50 split on S/N, it's perfectly clear which type I am. Your T/F split comes down to how you make decisions: E.g. is there a difference between wanting something and doing something for you -- i.e. are your feelings just another type of input to be analysed by your mind before making a decision, or is that very concept nonsensical to you, and you obviously do what you want?

It's head vs. heart, valuing one more than the other. ISTPs pretty firmly take "head", and trying to "talk feelings" with them results in anything from a blank look to panic.

As a side note;
    I wish people would remember this D:
    And what do you care if I change my mind? :|

19. bya

bya Muggle

High Score:
    Try the Values In Action (VIA) survey. Its merit is that you can take it every few years and see how your values change. Your lower ranking values are not necessarily your weakest ones, just values you haven't had opportunity to exercise. The idea is that you should exemplify your higher ranking values to be at your happiest.

20. enkaychi

enkaychi Squib

High Score:
    I've always gotten INTJ and found it to be disturbingly accurate.